Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got in an accident on 45 north in Houston tx today. Curious to know as to why my brake lights are staying on 馃サ

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Was going 120 cruising in the left hand lane. Came over a bridge and a rain cloud followed by a bunch of vehicles in front of me. Hit the brakes my car started spinning hit the side wall twice and luckily stopped right there facing traffic. I took off on the side arm busted a u turn at the exit and got the hell out of there. Scariest **** of my life boys. I thought I was gone once the car started spinning.
just my story while I wait for an answer as to why my lights are stuck on after the accident. Any help?

Registered
I'm sorry about your car. While I'm not an expert at lights I have had strange issues with mine in the past. Have you visually checked the bulbs? There could be a pinched wire somewhere, bad ground maybe. I'd start looking where the damage happened...otherwise just bring it in and have them figure it out.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Registered
I would check and make sure that under dash, that there is a white, maybe yellowed by now, stopper in the brake pedal hole up at the switch for brake lights.

If stopper is not there, the lights will stay on because the plunger sticks through the hole where stopper was.

Registered
Was going 120 cruising in the left hand lane. Came over a bridge and a rain cloud followed by a bunch of vehicles in front of me. Hit the brakes my car started spinning hit the side wall twice and luckily stopped right there facing traffic. I took off on the side arm busted a u turn at the exit and got the hell out of there. Scariest **** of my life boys. I thought I was gone once the car started spinning.
just my story while I wait for an answer as to why my lights are stuck on after the accident. Any help?

View attachment 106087

Registered
Not uncommon, happened to mine. You probably mashed the brakes during the shunt and the switch broke. Check switch and the surrounding mounts. Other threads about brakelight switch in this forum.

Registered
Not uncommon, happened to mine. You probably mashed the brakes during the shunt and the switch broke. Check switch and the surrounding mounts. Other threads about brakelight switch in this forum.
If you were going as fast as you say, and hit the brake as hard as you say, this is probably it. The switch and button get old. They can fail pretty easily if you are abusive to them.

Registered
I would check and make sure that under dash, that there is a white, maybe yellowed by now, stopper in the brake pedal hole up at the switch for brake lights.

If stopper is not there, the lights will stay on because the plunger sticks through the hole where stopper was.

I second and third and fourth this.

Brake light switch bumper thingy. Lol.

But to confirm, do the lights turn off when you turn off the car and pull the keys out ?

If not check wires from front to back.

Registered
But to confirm, do the lights turn off when you turn off the car and pull the keys out ?

If not check wires from front to back.
When our little bumper thing came out/ broke off, our brake lights stayed on when the keys were out. Just an fyi. That was actually how we noticed it first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts