Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn am i pissed. Im driving about 25mph on a major street when some idiot out of a harware store is backing into the street. Now all i see is the back of a red pickup backing right infront of me so i slam on the brakes as does he. So i cant stop on time and hit this guy on the side of his bed. The guy gets a dent and what do i get. Front bumper is ripped up and draggin on the ground, hood is smashed in, passenger headlight is totalled, some kinda support beam fell off, and my radiator is punctured. thats all i can see right now. so the police make no damn report. he says they never do cuz its not a big deal just an accident (damn lapd). the idiot i hit says its my fault, he gave the cop an allstate insurance card so all he rights is allstate. and gives me his info and the cop is gone. it ends up he didnt right down the policy number. so i call the guy to ask for the policy number and he says that his insurance is no longer valid. but he dont care cuz he says its my fault cuz he stoped in the middle in the street, so he wants me to take his ass to small claims.
i have liability so im perty muched f**ked till i can take this clown to court prove that hes at fault then i have to wait for him to pay me which i doubt he will even once i win the case. i got witnesses but its to much time without my baby. my gf is pregnet and i need my car now more than ever to take her to her docor visits but thnx to this guy im going to have to ask my family for rides. i just thnk god nobody was hurt but now that the smoke has cleard man im i in a hole. I just wish that some people would pay there damn insurance and let the insurance people handle this. atleast id have a rental and they would settle this. thnx for listening guys just needed to blow some steam. anybody been in this situation? im still a lil shacked up so sorry for my grammer and spelling.

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
That does suck.

This is why people should put those little one time use cameras in the glove box. The second the accident happens and you've checked to make sure everyone is ok start taking pictures before the cars are moved. Every angle all damage far away so the road and situation is shown.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
i hate trucks and i hate SUVs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those gas hoging monsters i blame them for the rising gas prices haha.

well i like sum trucks but i dont like them when they back up cause if htey do they usuall take out at least 2 lanes before they can start turning.

and i think its totally his fault cause you where going hte speed limit and you have the right of way not him

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea im going to sue his pants off. but that dont mean he has to pay right away. this thing could go on for months. but ill make sure i get my months worth. hopefully he gets his license suspended for this cuz of the no insurance and getting in an accident. and im damned if i dont get my jdm type r front end. maybe ill pay a lil out my pocket for a new paint job. but man this couldnt come at a worst time. i just turned 18 and im going to have a lil one in a couple of months....
trip out....... im going to ask my dad too let me barrow his 89teg. ill post pics of damage tommorow.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
tony4311 on Apr/05/04 said:
That does suck.

This is why people should put those little one time use cameras in the glove box. The second the accident happens and you've checked to make sure everyone is ok start taking pictures before the cars are moved. Every angle all damage far away so the road and situation is shown.
definitely!! i keep a small cheap credit card sized digital one in my car all the time... A friend got a rock chip from a dump truck in his car and got him to pull over and pay him like 50 because he threatened to take pics of the uncovered load...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
good idea on the camera, I'd better go buy a disposable one soon and put it in the box.

·
Registered
64 Posts
dad truk drivin bastard seems like an asshole who seriously needs to retake his driving test, oh why the hell not, he needs to go take to driving school... you have the right away dont you? when people reverse they are supposed to wait and yield to traffic. i think that is right. but newayz if im wrong then my bad. man, i swear, too many damn drivers who do know how to drive. i got in a 3 car pile up in my dad's truck this one time some bi*tch ass person driving a geo metro who decided to stop in the middle of a two lane highway just to switch to the speedy lane. i got rear ended that caused 4,000 buks in damage. and that lil fuccer took off after they saw what they have caused. what was weird is that during that same day around same time a total of about 3 accidents. there was on the other side of the highway going opposite direction and another onee happened rite next to me when i was aabout to leave the scene (after paper work with the police was done). sorri i went on a lil tangent there on the wrekless drivers. sorry to hear, hope ull put his ass where he belongs.

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Man, you should've gotten the Officer's name and Badge number. You could make a complaint to the city/precinct for him not doing HIS job!

Also, NEVER, EVER leave the scene without getting ALL their information. I don't give a sh*t....get their blood type, urine sample....you've got to cover your own ass!

Good luck with that, Man.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
That blows dude, I'm in a similar situation, only liability and the guy that ran me off the road drove away..it sucks I dunno when my teg is coming back but hopefully soon. Definatly though I wouldnt have let either the cop or guy leave until I got all the info and a report.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i just called the guy and he gave me the policy number. He says he thinks his insurance isnt valid cuz he didnt pay, but it dosnt mater cuz its not his fault. god damn do i hate this. i think im going to write to mtv's pimp my ride. so i can be rolling till i get my money out of that fool. lol j/k but thnx for the support guys. trust me it feels good to have people supporting you at a time like this.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
This gets me to thinking . . .

In most states it is illegal to drive without valid insurance. I think if I'm ever in a wreck, as soon as I get the other person's insurance information I will call the insurance company and verify that it is active and that particular car is on the policy. If it is not valid, I will get the name and extension of the person at the insurance company. This information will be provided to the law enforcement officer when he/she arrives.

Plan ahead and be prepared to protect your interests.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea well it turns out this guy lied again and actually has insurance. He said it was expired and didnt want to give me the policy number but after bugging him he gave it to me, i called and it was vallid. i got both claim numbers from my insurance company and his. so now i just have to wait for the insurance companies to check out the cars and investigate. does anyone know if the insurance man tells whose at fault or do we have to go to court? how long does the whole process take?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If you initiate a claim with his insurance company, they will investigate to determine liability. It doesn't matter if there was a ticket written or not. If you have witnesses, provide their names to the insurance company.

only if they deny your claim will you need to take the guy to court.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was hit in a parking lot in October. The insurance company still did not decide who was at fault. It can be a lengthy process I guess.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If he was trying to get onto the road you were on it is his fault no matter what (at least in maryland but I am pretty sure its like that in most states) Whoever has the right away is not responsible. Even if you were speeding which you werent it would still be his fault. Did he say anything as to why it wasnt his fault or was your fault?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts