Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone ran into the back of my teg at a stop sign this morning. Estimate they were going about 10 mph.

Initially it didn't look TOO bad cause the bumper returned more or less to its original shape. Now, however, I can see where the paint crinkled like a crushed piece of paper. There are two big square patches on the bumper and the whole length of the bumber looks like it is two different shades of silver - presumably crushed versus non-crushed areas.

Guess time for shop hopping to see what it will cost. The car is only 14 months old. D*&% jerk was tailgating before he hit me.

Even when the car is fixed my guess is its value will be depreciated by at least $1,000. Didn't even have oNE ding or scratch on it. D*(&, d(*&, d$#@.

I feel terrible.

·
Registered
634 Posts
tailgating you? he was envious of your silver teg because he ended up with a Geo Metro or watever it was that hit you... but seriously, sorrie that sh*t happened to you... hope everything will be okay

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I got his info. and even made him wait until the cops came to write-up a report. He's insured by the state of NJ so his driving record might not be that good.

This just upsets me cause I saved for ages for that new car. Plus, tegs are irreplaceable. (No offense to the RSX, but it is just not the same to me.)

Anyway, THANKS for the support. only other TI'ers can really understand how I feel.

·
Registered
382 Posts
carcrazy2 on Aug/22/02 said:
He's insured by the state of NJ so his driving record might not be that good.
So the other car was from NJ w/ NJ plates? If it was PA plates, isn't it illegal to have insurance from another state? Why would anyone want insurance from NJ, it's the highest in the US, I pay $3000 a year for only liability. PA insurance is much cheaper than NJ.

Yea, the value of the car will be depreciated more because of the accident, but think about it this way, with the insurance $$ you can buy a rear lip & have the integra lettering filled up if you want.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
We should all get a lawsuit against Acura. on the window sticker they should have put a

*Warning: Owning this car will attract all of the a$$h*le$ on the road and while parked. Buy this car at your own risk

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Same thing happend to mine dude. except i was parked in a parking lot and someone backd into mine. it was like a week after i got it and the bastards didnt leave me any info. It has yet to be fixed because 1. its not that notcable,2. i dont have $$.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, sucks. That's what happened to me a year and a half ago with my last car. I consider hit and runners crooks. Even if YOU have insurance, you still have to pay the deductible - plus your car is depreciated.

How many people are willing to hand over (say) $500 to a stranger - no questions asked? That's what hit and runners are asking you to do.

·
Registered
461 Posts
man i feel for yah. same thing happened to me when i had the car about 9 months. got a new bumper but it doesn't fit the same. hopefully you have better luck

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
I got rearended at about 5 miles an hour on the way back from my coop at porsche down in NC. The guy was so tailgaiting me. The guy in front of me went through a red, so i slowed down. I heard the guy's tires squeal. So i pulled the brake and got out. Before 1 second passes, the guy backs up and peels out around me and speeds off, through traffic, to the left. I was like, there is no way this guy is gettin off. I called local PD and then i went after him. It was my first "sort of legal" pursuit. The idiot drove right past division headquarters and so i just honked my horn to get their attention. I then kinda let them take over. So when it was all over, the guy was charged with "running from the scene of an accident" and "reckless endangerment". But, i got the money from his insurance, so i am somewhat happy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Fuggin hit & runners piss me off. My teg got tagged by a hit & run a year ago while I was at work. For 1 week, I walked the parking lot at my work looking for a truck or van that had any markings of cypress green on it's white paint job. To no luck did I ever find the jerk who did it. It was a nasty hit too. Left a huge dent in the left rear corner big enough to fit my ass in & also left scrape marks down the side of the rear bumper. I finally got it fixed, but still for a year I had to run around with people always commenting about that damn dent :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Feel for you man,
I just got my car back last week. This nutcase fell asleep behind the wheel & was driving on the wrong side of the road - hit me head-on. I saw it coming & started reversing, but someone else was coming up behind me. So I was kinda stuck.
What burns the most is that they were driving a 1988 Volvo. All they felt was like they hit a pothole, while my whole front bumper was smashed to pieces.

Best of Luck though. Get it fixed as soon as you can. I hurts too much seeing a Teg in less than its normal condition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts