Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the local Pep Boys and saw they have good prices on Accel wires. They only carry generic "one size fits all" wires in 8mm or 8.8mm sizes. The problem is I saw multiple different 'elbows' or something like that.

What type of wire would I need?

Oh and these are actually 8-cylinder kits, but I only plan on using 4 of them.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Stock wires are best. When 8 year-old stock wires can outperform a brand new set of aftermarket "performance" wires it's easy to see who talks and who walks.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
for some reason i bought MSD plug wires...i don't know why - i think i need to spend money so i did on that.

The wires you need have a long boot and an elbow on the other end.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
I pull them but the big long shaft that fits over the plug comes out!
yea its suppose to come out. The new plug wires should have those attached to the wires as well - they are necessary.

·
Registered
991 Posts
i dont think the wires they sell at pep boys will fit. i had them check at my local store and they said none of the ones that they carry work on integras. i ended buying the MSD ones from summit racing and paid like 70 all together with shipping. i can notice a little differnce. i also changed the plugs to bosch dual platinum.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
my 8.5mm fit into the clips snuggly. make sure these wires have some some form of layer that protects electronics from the "static" emission that results from them. so says my MSD box...

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
can i ask you why you are doing this, when the stockies are shown to be a better set o wires?? not sayin you dont have a good reason, or even that it matters what your reason is
, im just curious.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Sep/16/02 said:
I'm not seeing any hard evidence that the stock ones are better.
Well, now you are

Green = stock (8 years-old)
Blue = NGK Hyper Silicon
Red = generic 8mm silicon

There is a discussion on plug wires in the Performance forum it is under the Common Topics if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
it has been discussed many times on this site how aftermarket wires dont do anything, and if you do a search you'll see alot of them.

here is one from the magnecor site and if they can denounce performance wires when they sell them, then i dont think there spreadin any bull. check out the "false horsepower claims" near the bottom.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Could it be possible that the difference in that dyno is simply inconsistancey in the dyno runs? More of the wires all perform about the same?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts