Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, long time creaper here. Finally made my first post. I'm trying to start my 94' LS for the first time in 5 years. As I was changing the battery, my hands slipped and broke the ABS resevoir. It broke into pieces from the hot sun.

Is it possible to just buy the replacement for the ABS resevoir? I have tried to look for it just by itself, but no luck. Maybe the junk yard?

Thanks

20210710_183427.jpg

UPDATE

I went to a car parts, junk yard, and luckily found an ABS resevoir.
20210711_130023.jpg

·
Registered
380 Posts
The ABS cover comes with the ABS pump, if you can find one, for your 1996.
ABS is not required to pass a Vehicle Inspection.
You might have to do an ABS delete and find the correct proportioning valve.

Acura usually makes parts (for their cars) for 10 - 12 years, after the last production date. Every Integra is well past that. In 2008, I had to source a front clip, because I had an accident requiring a fender, bumper cover, ac condenser, and ABS cover.

You'll need a donor car and finding one of those is difficult. A Youtuber named Eric The Car Guy, just bought a 2001 Integra LS w/auto as his parts car, for almost $8,000.

Your 1996 Integra may be "The Golden Goose" for someone looking for a parts car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Glad you found one. As an FYI to anyone who comes across this thread, you could buy the reservoir separately with part number 57019-st5-000, but I think it has been discontinued. If I'm remembering correctly, The 96/97 Integras used the same ABS system as most of the 96/97 Accords. I also think the reservoir was the same in the 97 CLs, although I'm not sure about the actuator and pump motor for that model. The difficulty with finding used reservoirs is that the plastic that they are made out of tends to be brittle after 20+ years. The plastic is also ultraviolet light sensitive, so if they're in a yard with the car's hood up or off they tend to break down even more quickly.

I actually have a brand new reservoir that is till in the box that I ordered but didn't need to use when I was working on my ABS a several years back if someone needs one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Glad you found one. As an FYI to anyone who comes across this thread, you could buy the reservoir separately with part number 57019-st5-000, but I think it has been discontinued. If I'm remembering correctly, The 96/97 Integras used the same ABS system as most of the 96/97 Accords. I also think the reservoir was the same in the 97 CLs, although I'm not sure about the actuator and pump motor for that model. The difficulty with finding used reservoirs is that the plastic that they are made out of tends to be brittle after 20+ years. The plastic is also ultraviolet light sensitive, so if they're in a yard with the car's hood up or off they tend to break down even more quickly.

I actually have a brand new reservoir that is till in the box that I ordered but didn't need to use when I was working on my ABS a several years back if someone needs one.
Great work mate, could you follow up on my pm I’ve sent you please 😎

1 - 4 of 4 Posts