Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago I noticed that my ABS light came on and the dash lights were blinking . Then the ABS light would go off and come on again , as well as the blinking.
The other day I tried to start the engine ; nothing.
I bump started the car , went to Honda , they tested the ABS and it worked . They told me it was the battery , because the ABS pump draws a lot of current to keep the gas pressurised . I went and changed the battery.
The problem was solved ; or not:)
Today the f*****g ABS light came on again , grrrr.
No dash blinking however. It went off , then came on , etc etc , using the indicator lights caused it to come on , and when I was parking the car the headlights and dash would blink - guess powersteering pump draws a lot of current? wtf... Parked the car , switched it off , tried to start the engine and nothing.
The car is not old , it's a 11/97 JDM SiR (GSR) with 22000 miles only ! (gotta love low mileage japanese:)
What gives? any ideas?

·
Registered
212 Posts
you have some electrical system problems man, check all the connections on your battery and have the alternator checked out....thats all i can think of (not alot huh)?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to read my post:)
I suspected the alternator from the beginning.
I'm going to have the car tested today , wonder if there's a shortcircuit somewhere? 1 week and battery goes dead ? weird ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts