Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
does your abs still work.... cause when i blew a fuse in my radio and moved fuses around to get the radio to play i removed... i think the fuse for the rear wiper and my abs light came on... so you could have a blown fuse or missing one somewhere....

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Common thing that happens is people dont put their e-brake down all the way. Even if it isnt actually doing any braking, if the e-brake light is on the ABS is receiving a signal telling it that it is on. If you drive with the e-brake engaged at all for a period of time (cant remember how long) you're ABS will disable itself to prevent damage to the system. Coincidently my friend did this on his teg right before he got new tires so he could do big 4 wheel brake drifts around his neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
My ABS and SRS lights light up when i turn the car on... each one stays on for up to 10 seconds after the car is started up... is that normal or should i be concerned about either one?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
If they go away it should be fine but I'm not 100% sure, I'm pretty sure they explain what it means in the manual that came with the car but I cant remember, check it out.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Check the ABS trouble codes, by placing a paperclip in the jumper, just like you do when checking a check engine light. Count the number of times the ABS light blinks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
phatintegra on Aug/28/02 said:
check your brake pads front and back they may be low
just got my rears done in march..rotated tires in june, and had my mechanic bf look at the fronts and said they were good, but thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had that problem before. I think mine ended up being a poor ground. I just moved some things around and the problem went away.

·
Registered
96 Posts
does ur abs container thing make a noise wen u turn on ur car? maybe ur low on abs fluid or sumthing is wrong with ur abs. the acura dealer told me that it would cost sumwhere around a G to fix it. but i aint bout to spend that much. my abs sound frum tha box still come on but tha light doesnt.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
InTeGrAgUrL on Aug/28/02 said:
*knock on wood* literally did: ABS light doesn't come on anymore.
sorry, guys. I meant that after that comment, the light didn't come on anymore, so its not a problem. I just saw that people were still posting on this!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts