Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few months now my 1999 has been bragging about having Abs.
It started showing up and going away randomly, lately its on all the time now so I decided to scan for codes.
(I still catch it going away sometimes. It will be on when I start, drive somewhere, turn car off, come back out of store start up and its off)

I got the following winning numbers
  • 16 Wheel Sensor Rear R
  • 17 Wheel Sensor Rear L
  • 32 Solenoid Front Right Out
  • 44 Wheel Lock Rear L
  • 71 Different Diameter Tire
  • 81 Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Are some related and causing others to show?
I plan on taking the rear off tomorrow to see if they need cleaning, but aside from that is there anything else I should check out?

I'm not sure what 71 is about all tires are the same. I did have a flat awhile and did put on a doughnut for a day. Could that be the reason and it hasn't been cleared out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Small update (incase this helps someone later on)
Cleaned the back sensors, codes still there.
A few days later I noticed the light was gone. Next day, gone. Following day, back, then gone and back.

Thinking there might be a lose connection somewhere causing it to change from day to day.
If I have time to look around, Ill update.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What size tires are you running ? Like full specs ?

If you can somehow verify that all sensors & the actual abs modulator are all good, then the only other problem it could be is faulty wiring or the ABS control module. Which is separate from the engine ECU.

You need a fancy/expensive scan tool to do 2way communication with the abs modulator. To turn it off and on. To verify it works.

But a new/used ABS control module is cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts