Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
white 1995 gsr, 120k miles, 4 door, has 98+ gsr blades, "distributor seal leaking", oil pan gasket leaking, missing a/c belt, compressor broken, front bumper painted wrong (the black part is painted white), ripped front seats, clutch needs replacing, antenna mast broken, interior has armor all residue, worth $6k?

edit: i ended up buying this ***** for 5500 see page 3 for pics

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no maintenance records--the guy selling said the previous owner didnt know much about cars and neglected maintenance.

the clutch also needs to be replaced.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
"the guy selling said the previous owner didnt know much about cars and neglected maintenance."

And after that sentence you are still considering the car? If you want to throw some money into tuning it up and probably lots of other things, go for it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was just looking for some critical feedback and im glad i got it. anyone else can chime in with their opinion as well -- it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Here is what I feel.

I paid $5,000 for my 94 GSR sedan with 77k. The antenna mast was broken and in the upright position. It needed new tires and it was in need of maintence.

I had the timing belt/waterpump service done with the fuel filter. I did the plugs,cap,rotor,fluids flushed and most of the brakes. NOW the car is flawless.

Your looking at 6k for the car and figure another $2,500 in maintence to get the car in tip top shape. That is only if nothing else is wrong with it.

"the guy selling said the previous owner didnt know much about cars and neglected maintenance."

That alone tells me no way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Man if he thinks he can get 6k for that car he's crazy. But it does give me hope for when I go to sell my 94' 4dr GSR this spring! It's in perfect condition...

·
Registered
739 Posts
rep the 4 doors like they are supposed to be repped brother, dont worry i bought my teg for $6000 canadian with 80,000 miles on it (its from the states) and later I went on carfax to find out it was a salvage title
, it is now at 120,000 miles and not one god damn problem with it (knock on wood). they are amazing cars and be prepared to be stared at all the time

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
this is the best i could do on short notice guys

i might be selling it right away i cant stand knowing this car has problems right off the bat

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im gonna update the problem list:

- 120k miles
- distributor seal leaking
- oil pan gasket leaking
- missing a/c belt
- compressor broken
- front bumper painted wrong (the black part is painted white)
- seats cracked
- clutch needs replacing
- antenna mast broken
- interior has armor all residue
- speed sensor broken

*purchased for 5500*

1 - 20 of 41 Posts