Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a long time browser of these forums and other local integra forums while i drove my brothers rusted ass 92 GS around, but i styl love that car...now im in the process of buying my own 93 gsr, i jus wanted to get some last minute advice before i go through with it. It has 250k original on it, type r headers, vented back bumper, a small circular hood scoop on the lower left side of the hood, no rust, everything works on it, clutch is about 2yrs old, gs tranny. All in all it was well maintained, hes asking $4500 wut do u guys think? thanx in advance

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
Price is too high...talk him down...

You gotta ask yourself...is it worth it to YOU?

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
OK, that price is a bit more acceptable now that we know it's in CDN...I'd go for it if it's worth it to you...if everything checks out, grab it...but I'd check on why it has a GS tranny...that will severely hurt performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well he told me he wanted a longer gear ratio, but i wouldnt think that it would hurt performance that bad, so i guess there has to be another reason.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
wow, that goes for 4500$ CAD? i've seen a whole brunch of gen2 going from 1200$ to 3500$ CAD.

Also, why the heck would he want a gs tranny on a gsr motor? I don't think this is a good buy man, sounds more like he modded his car, screwed up, and wanna sell it.

Try www.montrealracing.com they have lots of cars FS, i think they got about 5 gen2 there right now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thats high mileage even though it is a honda...

plus hood scoupe, type r headers etc... sounds like it was pounded. Personally I would buy a stock Gs-R with lower miles but thats just me.

I like to bargain... He's asking $4500 canadian... offer him $3000 *as is* Remind him about the megamiles, etc..you should be able to get it for $3500 maxx

good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx for all the replies guys..ur advice really helped me, ill get back to everyone if i end up buying it...thanx!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
if you are trying to get him down in cost, tell him that having the gs tranny is gonna cost you money cuz you would want a new one, since the gs tranny is just gonna slow you down.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
Longer gear ratios hurt you...

250 km isn't a lot of miles, my Accord has 247,000 MILES and it still runs like new...it all depends on how it was taken care of...

I'd steer clear of this one, especially because it doesn't have the right tranny, so you'd just be throwing more money into it getting the correct transmission in place.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
PoipleCoupe on Mar/30/04 said:
Thats high mileage even though it is a honda...

plus hood scoupe, type r headers etc... sounds like it was pounded. Personally I would buy a stock Gs-R with lower miles but thats just me.

I like to bargain... He's asking $4500 canadian... offer him $3000 *as is* Remind him about the megamiles, etc..you should be able to get it for $3500 maxx

good luck!
I'd try to talk him down, remember though that when he is talking about a G2 GS-R you can't always find one in good condition with low miles. It took my brother a year of looking to find his GS-R and even then he had to fly to get it and then drive it back. I'd get a compression check done and go from there personally,
Ryan

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a JDM GSR swap in my 95 LS. I kept the factory transmission, but replaced with ACT clutch. IMO, I really don't think it hurts you too much to have taller gears. It all depends on what you want to do with the car. If its forced induction, 1/8th mile runner, 1/4 mile, or if you just want more top speed. I personally have never had a problem beating Domestic GSR's with my XSI tranny.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Honestly, I don't think it's worth it. If you are still thinking real hard about it, I'd say go for a compression check, and check EVERYTHING! I'll bet that engine was dogged on, no kidding. I'm also betting that he blew his GSR tranny, and needed a quick replacement, so he went with a quick fix, and it's been such a headache that he just wants to sell the car instead of dealing with it. If you're mechanically inclined, and you have the money--you COULD fix it. If you're looking for a car that is reliable...I wouldn't get this one.

I was so excited to get my Teg, that I didn't care, but I'm glad I waited for a better offer. Don't let your eagerness cloud your judgement.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
haknslash2003 on Mar/31/04 said:
I have a JDM GSR swap in my 95 LS. I kept the factory transmission, but replaced with ACT clutch. IMO, I really don't think it hurts you too much to have taller gears. It all depends on what you want to do with the car. If its forced induction, 1/8th mile runner, 1/4 mile, or if you just want more top speed. I personally have never had a problem beating Domestic GSR's with my XSI tranny.
I don't understand this...you went from tall gears, to shorter ones and yet you are saying taller gears aren't all that bad???

Taller gears are bad, period...unless you're driving for top speed in which case (if you're doing it on the road) you are a dumbass.

And what is a "domestic gsr"?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
taller gears can be helpful for a car drivein heavily on the interstate as well...so they arent always bad, it just depends what this person wants to do.
Ryan

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
JustinKlemgold on Mar/31/04 said:
And what is a "domestic gsr"?
Maybe he ment "stock". Like...some people think that a word means something, but it doesn't--it just sounds right to them? Like this guy was like: Well, I just got this peripheral in the mail...blah blah blah. I'm like: You mean...PERIODICAL, dontcha?!?! So yeah...maybe it just sounded right to him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts