Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
suspensionmax.com

I just ordered the front and rear set from here. Is it missing anything? It's priced awfully cheap.. so i figured what the hell.. total of 168.57 for both front and rear..

does anything look fishy to you guys?

the only thing is, they are polyurethane bushings.. they have to always be lubricated.. i would have preferred rubber ones..but oh well..

let me know about their kits guys.. tell me what you think if im getting ripped off or not..

thanks.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
if u read up there it says that each kit is for one wheel meaning u would need 2 kits of each so i guess it would all cost 300 or so which would make more sense

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good looking.
ok i just called about that..

they said that they took that information off of the old ingalls website so thats why it says it needs to be purchased 2x's..

the person i was talking to made it pretty clear that it was for all 4 wheels front and rear.

i was sweating bullets for a minute there!!

if i have something missing, im referring back to this thread..

if anyone else notices anything..please give input..

cheers

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
dont worry dude, i ordered my Sprint kits from there, i had some doubts too and they sent me a nice email, so i figured what the hell....i got my stuff in a few days and it was a perfect transaction, they look ghetto and have mad cheap prices but everything was great for me

i did have a slight problem with one of my camber kits, the bushing slid out of the anchor bolt about a millimeter, and was squeeking really bad, and even tho i fixed it it still needs to be lubed quite often...of course this isnt their fault tho, it is Sprint's

check my article to see what i got:
Sprint camber kti install article - JusttegIt

one other thing tho, you do realize that the ingalls kit they sell only really is a front "kit", the stuff they give you for trhe rear is nothign more than two long bolts and some washers, something you can get in any hardware store...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JustTegIt on Feb/13/04 said:
dont worry dude, i ordered my Sprint kits from there, i had some doubts too and they sent me a nice email, so i figured what the hell....i got my stuff in a few days and it was a perfect transaction, they look ghetto and have mad cheap prices but everything was great for me

i did have a slight problem with one of my camber kits, the bushing slid out of the anchor bolt about a millimeter, and was squeeking really bad, and even tho i fixed it it still needs to be lubed quite often...of course this isnt their fault tho, it is Sprint's

check my article to see what i got:
Sprint camber kti install article - JusttegIt

one other thing tho, you do realize that the ingalls kit they sell only really is a front "kit", the stuff they give you for trhe rear is nothign more than two long bolts and some washers, something you can get in any hardware store...
thats good to hear..
so i should have every neccesary part to install the front and rear cambers?

im just worried if im going to have to buy something else..

thanks for the info, bro!

cheers

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
yeah, you should have everytihng you need, and if you need help installing your front kits, i made an article for the sprint kits which i linked to above, and the install is the exact same thing for ingalls kits, they are both anchor-bolt type adjusters....and for the rear, there is an article by someone(i think MorningZ) on how to install a 'real' rear camber kit...since you wont be installing a real one, then you should just go to the article for the 'washer trick', it will help you.

depending on how low you are going, or if you are using coilovers and are going to be adjusting your height, you MAY want to invest in a 'real' rear camber kit, the kind that replaces your entire rear upper control arm, with an adjustable one(the Sprint rear kit that i got is great, even tho i dont really like the front kit i got, and suspensionmax had the Sprint rear kits pretty cheap, most ppl want double what they want for rear control arms). the washer trick can afford you upwards of one degree of adjustability, but it is a one time deal in the sense that once you put on the washers, its a guessing game since if you go for an alignment the tech cannot (or simply will not) be adding or removing washers to try and fix your camber, it is what it is in the rear...whereas with an adjustable arm they can dynamically set the camber to spec....so if you get ur numbers back and they are still not within spec for the rear, then you can add more washers, but to get ur true numbers you are gonna have to keep getting alignments, and that is not worth it just for some rear camber numbers....

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im going to use h&r race springs and kyb's as the setup..

im probably going to drop 2 inches.
so about a -.2 degree camber.

or 1.75 in the back and 2 inches in the front.
im really not sure yet.

it will definitely tuck the tires in the wheelwell for sure.

do you think i will be ok using the washer trick for that?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
1.75 wont tuck the tires in the rear, not even 2 will do that...you will need a 2.25-2.5 drop to even begin tucking your wheels...
anyway, you mean -2 degrees of camber, not -.2, .2 degrees is nothing at all.

you really shouldnt use that many washers, as the bolts you will have to use become ongewr and longer, and it just isnt a great idea...but the washer trick is fine, even if you end up with like -1 degree of camber i nthe back it really isnt a big deal..so long as your toe is in spec from an alignment you should be fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.