Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, My name is Burctan, I am 17 years old, and I drive a 4door 1994 Integra LS. I have had it for little over a year now. I have been a member here for a while but finally decided to introduce myself. My teg is mostly stock I believe, except for the antenna which I replaced, after the mask was striped, thanks to a article on this forum. I just got it back from Acura of Omaha after the used car check and the only problem that it came back with was that my transmission had dextron fluid in it which delayed my shifting. I heard flushing it out twice with Honda ATF fluid would solve my problem. In the future I plan on adding a better sound system. I don't want something that is really loud, I just want something of quality. Does anyone know any good set-ups because I need a new deck as well because it is only a tape player? And also if you had a stock 94 integra what would you add to it?

·
Registered
623 Posts
oh boy...well as far as sound systems go...you need to give us what type of music you listen to...ie: rap would mean you want some good subs and amps versus classical where you might want some high end component speakers....also whether you are an ipod savvy sort of guy or you listen to mostly mp3 cds/cds would determine what kind of deck you want....and also how much power you will need to power your 6.5's and 6x9's....as far as other upgrades go for a 94' LS...i have one too and i suggest the best thing to do is read every article on here and search...if you just want some bolt ons...intake/header/exhaust and some nice rims with a drop is a great way to still have a daily driver...but make it stand out....if your looking to go faster and spend some money...you have two routes....turbo...and NA....both cost a lot of time, money, and know how...being 17 myself i'm just trying to make my car be as fast as my minimum wage job will allow me to...so read...take it all in as best you can...and then think of what YOU want to do with your ride and make it your own...no matter what anybody else tells you...its your car...and what you like to do with it they can't change

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man thanks for replying. I like all kinds of music between rock and rap. I am not really into classical. I am not into ipods I still like my cds as you can see in my third pic. I got a good deal on a pair of Dual 12" subs with 175 RMS each a while back. I need to find a deck, quality speakers (not so high end), amp?, and subs that are compatible.

The reason I am looking for a new sound system is because lately my speakers have been crackling and the balance is off. I don't blame the speakers, they are over 12 years old.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
hey, sweet-ass ride. 99% of Integra's, no matter what, are always great! GL with your audio setup!

~P2P

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
nice car, man. I have what was a stock 94 LS. Its my daily driver and i'm not into racing at all so i just wanted it to look nice and sound nice cuz i'm a musician and so i want perfect sound inside the car (though not caring whether or not people can hear my music 10 blocks down the road.) I suggest getting a new catback exhaust (i went with a greddy and got a noticable horspower boost and its sounds great.) I plan to get a new intake, but its not a priority cuz i'm not trying to make it a racecar. I gave it a sport drop on tein h-tech springs and threw on tokico 5 way adjustable struts.. its not slammed cuz i'm not into the racer look, but the ride is sweet and it looks really good with the 1.5 inch drop. I threw on 17 inch rims which also improved the handling and it looks dope. As for the sound system, i went with infinity 2way speakers (front and back) which are powered by the kenwood deck, and i have 2 twelves in the back powered by a 400 watt phoenix gold amp. It bumps when i listen to rap, and sounds great with rock. Like i said, i'm a musician myself, so i demand cristal clear, perfectly balanced music.. i dont want overpowering bump or anything like that.. so if you just want crystal clear perfect sound, that setup will do it for you and its not hella pricey like alot of car audio dealers will want to try to get you to buy. (providing you want the music to play to the people in the car and not to everyone standing in a half-mile radius of your car. lol My system ran me about 1100 bucks. (including installation)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I remember when I first got my car. Looked just like that minus the spoiler . . .doesn't anymore, but man what a ride.

Good times

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.