Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum but I am really in a tough spot right now.
I recently bought a 1997 Civic EX with a B18C1 with a full Greddy Turbo Kit on it. The car has been sitting for around a year, and ran great for 10+ years before this, but the previous owner thought it needed a fuel pump and didn't have the time to fix it, but I can hear and also smell fuel getting to the cylinders, so he was wrong. The car cranks just fine (after new fluids) but there is no voltage coming out of the distributor when I tested it with my multimeter. I replaced:
Cap and Rotor
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
and still don't have any spark on any cylinder when cranking. I feel like this could be the distributor altogether, but I wanted to get another opinion before I drop more money into this car and still have it just sit in the driveway. Any advice or questions is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
217 Posts
just buy a coil and icm, you will need them eventually.
i carry an extraof each in the glovebox (+needed tools in back).
the ngk coil and delphi icm from rockauto are what i'm using now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just buy a coil and icm, you will need them eventually.
i carry an extraof each in the glovebox (+needed tools in back).
the ngk coil and delphi icm from rockauto are what i'm using now.
So I bought a new distributor and threw it on, she started up and ran great! I wanted to try and use the external coil that came on the car when I bought it, hooked it up and no spark. So I reversed the process and tried to use the OEM distributor, but once again no spark. Curious if anyone has had this happen or could point me in the direction of what could’ve broke/ fried from trying to use the external coil?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I bought a new distributor and threw it on, she started up and ran great! I wanted to try and use the external coil that came on the car when I bought it, hooked it up and no spark. So I reversed the process and tried to use the OEM distributor, but once again no spark. Curious if anyone has had this happen or could point me in the direction of what could’ve broke/ fried from trying to use the external coil?
Just went outside and ran the diagnostic in the post mentioned above and i’m not getting any voltage to the pins at all that plug into the distributor. Could this be a fuse or relay somewhere that I could check?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts