Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually instead of doing the autowash, im thinking of starting to manually wash my car at the car wash. people tell me that the chemicals they use at the autowash are no good? what should i do for a cheap way to get a good wash out of my car?? and maybe some tips on washing would be nice too.

Thanks guys

Ian

P.S. I might be going to Miland Raceway in October, see some of you there.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Car washing article

=)

Gold Class Wash, a 100% Cotton wash mit, an absorber, and the california wiper blade should be all you need. They are available at most auto parts stores, including autozone, murrys, NAPA, etc

·
Registered
156 Posts
I dont know if we have the same car washes, in Australia, as you guys do in the US but over here the manual car washes use recycled water and the brushes they supply instead of using a sponges scratch your paint. You are better off washing your car with a bucket and sponge and doing in your driveway (if you have one.)

These manual washes use high pressures hoses and you have your own washing bay, correct me if i am wrong.

I wash my car in my drive way with Macguires carwash then wax my car macguires gold wax and maintain it with macguires quik detail.
I also wash my once to twice a week. Got to have the teg looking good.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
"Automated car wash" is a SWEAR WORD in these here parts.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
hahahahaha, i agree Speechless!

Pa - yea those are the same car washes in the states...they're horrible! my friend has swirlmarks-galor on his car from those brushes!

-LT

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
a few questions: i would love to have a place to wash my car, but i am away at school, and i dont have any access to a driveway or a hose or anything like that. Before i moved away it was meguires gold class wash 2-3 times a week (my parents wanted me to start paying part of the water bill). i go to the manual car wash things and no i dont use the brush, i just spray the dirt away...i know it doesn't come completely clean, but i cant stand to see my little teggy dirty.

i was also wondering if those touchless car washes are
any count you know where you drive in and they just spray your car off...i heard high pressure water pushes the dirt into your clear coat as it is eating it away...any comments styleteg?

btw...i already have 'bout 15 billion (i counted!) swirl marks on my paint(not from me) I almost puked one day when i first saw all of them it was so gross. instead i just cried. he he

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Ok maybe this can help you a little bit. Buy your usual stuff that you use to wash your car. Meguires car wash or what not, and get yourself a good washmit, and a bucket. Bring it to one of those DIY carwashes and fill the bucket up. Wash it as you would at your house using the wash mitt only. This way you can still hand wash and only use that high pressure washer to rinse. Just make sure you dont spray it directly on the car. If you stand far eneough away it wont do any damage to the paint. This will however be more expensive becasue you will have you spend $$ to rinse the car first, fill the bucket, then you have to spend more to do the final rinse. That is as close as you will get to a hand car wash. The only differense is how you will be rinsing it. Plus do this at an off time of day as people will be PISSED at you for taking 20min in there..lol

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Some touchless car washes are ok. It really depends on if they use clean water and what kind of cleaning chemicals they use. If they use recycled water, its like sandblasting your paint. If they use to strong chemicals its like dawn washing every time.

You might want to look into Protect All Wash. It is a nonsuddsing soap, so all you need is a bucket full of it and a wash mit. Just wipe the car down with the sollution and wash mit, then dry. No rinsing needed.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
what a crazy crazy world we live in. wash your car with no water its amazing! i cant wait to try it i will pick some up tell you all how it works!

·
Registered
83 Posts
at my apartment there is a car wash area. cliffteg = may sound cheesy but look for a apartment complex and mayb u might find a car wash area. find one and u get to clean ur car for free

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
thats cool...i will drive down to tx to wash my car...ha

style i got that stuff and it is the shiznit...the only thing you do is spray it on and wipe it off. it is like a spray wax that gets rid of the dirt...i sprayed on the mequires quick detail and now my paint is ooohhh sooo soft!!

it is a little on the expensive side, 12 bones for the little spray bottle. ouch...but it works

thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how long does the bottle last you?

wouldnt it be cheaper to manually wash it at a car wash?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts