Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, get a T-stat from Suburban in Novi last week, go to change it out over the weekend, they gave me the wrong one I come to find out! So I go to autozone to get a cheapy one to get me by ($18).

Take off work today to go up there, they admit they gave me the wrong one. I asked to get it for free ($16) because I spent $18 at autozone, had to drive up there twice and have to do the job twice. The lady refused, then I asked to see "the parts manager". Explained my story and he said he could not help (he was the one that gave me the wrong part btw!). I politely asked why they could not do something for my troubles. Then he got pissed, *threw* my receipt at me in front of 4 customers and said fine go get your credit. So.....I went to go see the GM of the dealer and got a proper apology from him for my troubles and the attitude problem from the parts guy. Damn I feel better now, kinda funny how the parts guy threw a fit over a $16 part!

Anyone else have poor customer service there?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've had excelent service there but supposedly the sales sucks ass and now i see parts does too!

Lmao, Bloomfield Toyota & Honda FTW =D

j/k

Whhhhhhackit i want a job at TF! ='(

Convince Jeff i'm not white! =P

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
That's not exactly how I heared it... You kind of overreacted, they have policies they have to follow and the occaisional part does get messed up. Now not only did you get inconvenienced but someone else got a repremand because you over reacted.

·
Registered
246 Posts
yeah you tell that guy jordan Acura Parts RULES BISHIS

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Not to mention, I think you forgot to mention the fact that before you even went to the GM they gave you free coolant, and then as an end result you got the part free if I'm not mistaken....

Also, the receipt was slid towards you not throw as a few people have stated.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all I did not over-react, I was polite at all times. He was the one looking evil when he came out...according to the stranger standing next to me, the parts person was the one at fault in the conversation as well.

Secondly, yes they did give me some free coolant the first visit and I thanked them for that. I asked for more coolant the second visit BECAUSE DUE TO THEIR SCREW UP I HAVE TO CHANGE THE THERMOSTAT TWICE. The reason I got it for free is because that is what I asked for originally.

Third, IMO he "slid" the receipt at me in a unprofessional manner, ok happy? lol

The whole reason I went to the GM WAS so that he was repromanded. I'm glad they did talk to him about it. I don't have enough free time to go complaining about so-so service, only poor service.

Fianlly, if it is their policy not to help the customer a bit when they screw up, he could have politely told me that. I received no apology, only a "yeah we made a mistake" Really, I didn't want the $16, I wanted to know they truely recognized the trouble they caused me. Then the way the parts manager acted is what really pushed me to go to the GM. Not anything to do with the $16.

Acurakid - the only people who will ever know what happened is me and the parts guy, I'm sure you can agree with that, right?

·
Registered
246 Posts
no he cant agree with you nor will i or Matt_of_mi so maybe you should just go to troy Acura from now on and do everyone a favor so we dont have to hear you *****

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Look man, you got the wrong part, it sucks, I know. It happens though, people make mistakes, no one is perfect...in fact far from it. I can understand how it can inconvienence you since you were doing the work yourself. BUT you did go get one at Autozone so I don't really see how you had to do the work twice? Also, Nick gave you a free bottle of coolant which is over $10 at Honda. FREE. He was helping you out because Nick is a good guy like like and respects people doing work themselves. Now if you know anything about keeping inventory on parts, you don't go looking for that particular part number, they have lables on the shelves for the corresponding part. So if the first thermostat they gave you was placed wrong on the shelf and he accidently grab that one...its an accident. And you know what I wasn't there either, but I talked to him and other people there and you are blowing it out of proportion. You also need to understand that he doesn't deal with oNLY customers, he deals with all the stressed out technicians who are *****in about why their part isn't there blah blah blah. And you're going to tell me that you yourself has never gotton frutsrated at work and having it affect your mood/temper? Before I worked there the same guy, Nick, sold me the nonVTEC head gasket....you know what I did? Drove up there told him it wasn't the right part, got the right one and went home. I've worked in the service industry for over 6 years and have delt with some pretty damn rude customers. And unless you are the guy on the other end being *****ed at you will never understand how it is to deal with that **** everyday of your life; and you probably won't change. Deal with it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
NA93GSR on Jan/31/06 said:
no he cant agree with you nor will i or Matt_of_mi so maybe you should just go to troy Acura from now on and do everyone a favor so we dont have to hear you *****

I must say Troy Acura has gone down the **** hole in the past few years. They lost all their nice sales people and not to mention their service has always sucked ass. Everytime me or my mom have come in for warranty service...denied...lmao wtf. Anyways it's funny though how much **** Troy Acura says about suburban and i'm there just nodding when i really just want to say "STFU because suburban > troy"

THE oNLY good thing at Acura of Troy is the parts guy, ****in fast service, gives me my honda discount at the dealership and has NEVER messed up any of my parts and i've ordered quite a few from there.

That guy knows his **** and isn't stuck up like everyone else at that dealership.

But else then that, Suburban > Troy...everytime Troy denies me of service, I go to suburban, they fix my **** and no questions ask, i don't have to explain anything. And they get the work done fast as hell, and I go to troy and say "guess what bishes, they fixed my **** and you didn't, you = da suxz0rz"

OH OH and NOT to mention Suburban fixed my ****ing wheelbearing that went out from **** michigan roads even with my coilovers and stiff as suspension (I gave the service manager a ride in the car and she could tell it definitely wasn't stock) and it wasn't a issue at all. And when my shifter cable broke and I had solid shifter bushings in there (friend's fault for it breaking...he breaks every car trans he drives) they fricken replaced BOTH cables and gave me my old bushings back in a bag. (New cables come preinserted with oem bushings in them so the techs didn't want to remove brand new bushings from brand new cables, the next day I just popped them back in.)

I remeber I first met kyle there when I had my car serviced there first for the wheel bearing, lol he kept wanting to know all my mods and of course I showed/pointed them out and all the service people saw my mods and no one gave a ****, they thought it was pretty cool actually, llool.

Surban > Troy...hands down

/End rant

·
Registered
745 Posts
NightCrawlerGsR on Jan/31/06 said:
Look man, you got the wrong part, it sucks, I know. It happens though, people make mistakes, no one is perfect...in fact far from it. I can understand how it can inconvienence you since you were doing the work yourself. BUT you did go get one at Autozone so I don't really see how you had to do the work twice? Also, Nick gave you a free bottle of coolant which is over $10 at Honda. FREE. He was helping you out because Nick is a good guy like like and respects people doing work themselves. Now if you know anything about keeping inventory on parts, you don't go looking for that particular part number, they have lables on the shelves for the corresponding part. So if the first thermostat they gave you was placed wrong on the shelf and he accidently grab that one...its an accident. And you know what I wasn't there either, but I talked to him and other people there and you are blowing it out of proportion. You also need to understand that he doesn't deal with oNLY customers, he deals with all the stressed out technicians who are *****in about why their part isn't there blah blah blah. And you're going to tell me that you yourself has never gotton frutsrated at work and having it affect your mood/temper? Before I worked there the same guy, Nick, sold me the nonVTEC head gasket....you know what I did? Drove up there told him it wasn't the right part, got the right one and went home. I've worked in the service industry for over 6 years and have delt with some pretty damn rude customers. And unless you are the guy on the other end being *****ed at you will never understand how it is to deal with that **** everyday of your life; and you probably won't change. Deal with it.
Amen...I ****ing got the wrong parts for my stupid civic...they gave me the wrong rear wheel well piece and my dad not thinking threw out the boxes so i can't return them.

At least you fricken got credit + free coolant...i'm stuck with the wrong parts...can't fricken return them! Waste of a couple hundred bucks until I can find someone who wants them!

·
Registered
577 Posts
well they had my wheel bearings in stock and deigo hooked me up so thumbs up to Suburban....I've had bad service at a dealership before and you have to remember that if they gave you the wrong part, it's their responsibility to correct the issue....but were human and times we let our personalities get best of us...Hope you have better luck next time if it's with Suburban or any other dealership....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I see no-one wants to hear about the poor service I received. I think some of you are missing the point. If some of you work there, I'm not surprised you side with him, that's fine.

Kyle-
No thanks I'll keep going to Suburban, Troy is too far for me. If Nick is there then once again I'll *expect* excellent service.

Grease-
Yes he gave me coolant free, like I said above I thanked him for it. If they want to charge me next time, that's fair, I paid for it the last time I got coolant from them. Besides, not sure why you think free coolant gives you license to be rude? It has nothing to do with the issue.

I'm doing the job twice because I want the oem T stat in there, the first one lasted 150k miles. If I wanted a A-zone Duracrap T stat, I wouldn't have bothered to go to the dealer at all.

Assuimng the part was misplaced on the shelf, it is not hard to double check the p/n on the bag to the computer. I would hope that would be common practice anyway.

I have worked in the service industry plenty, even going back to running the register at the local pizza place almost 15 years ago.

I'm not sure what I'm blowing out of proportion, just stating the facts. He has the right to his opinion and me to mine. I'm sorry if maybe he had a bad day as you suggested, but that's no reason to be rude to calm and polite customers right? Go outside, kick and scream, come back in and greet me with a smile.

---

While I'm being honest, I'll admit just for a minute I did question if I was over-reacting at the counter....the the customer standing next to me told me she agreed with me and thought Nick was being rude and she could not see why he was acting in that manner. So basically that validated my stance on the issue.

Flame away.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.