Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone tell me my car seems to run better w/the 02 sensor unplugged when im not getting ny check engine light(chk eng lite works). before unplugged, my a/f ratio would bounce in slow motion from rich to lean & even cut off?? all this started 2 happen bout 2 mnths ago, but b4 then, the af/ gauge read differently

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Don't judge how the engine seems to operate, based on el-cheapo AF guage. Things like engine temp, air temp, engine load, fuel quality, ect aren't shown on the dithering LED.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can agree that the a/f gauge isnt accurate but it does give a basic idea of whether car is running lean or rich... the reason i say this is before unplugged & put into default mode, if i hold the rpm's @ 1000 for example,(raio bounces back & forth) when it is in rch, the car runs smooth, but when in lean, it runs a little rough w/ deeper tone in engine???
i understand not to go by a/f gauge, but considering the 02 is unplugged, does that mean that the sensor is going bad, or would the ecu default setting hide any problem w/other sensors as well???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gvtec on Sep/22/02 said:
Don't judge how the engine seems to operate, based on el-cheapo AF guage. Things like engine temp, air temp, engine load, fuel quality, ect aren't shown on the dithering LED.
what would be your suggestion on the problem, ive checked the iat sensor, ect sensor, iac valve, & a few others except for o2 due to prev relying on gauge, & havent checked map sensor because i was told if it was the map then the car would run like crap..
i think that my voltage regulator sticks because when i rev higher that 3500 my lights get brighter, but i have to say im extremely confused cause i had alternator checked...
the reason im going on is ive been trying to diagnos the problem for a while & id like to get pointed in the right direction...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts