Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
feel free to watch it but its a joke of a documentary. the one guy in it acts like such a hardass when it appears that he knows nothing about his cars. he's the kind of moron that kills people. hell, anyone that street races is. i'm sorry but there is no need for that crap, take it to a track.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
MichaelDelaney on Feb/06/06 said:
Quote: the_franchise on Feb/06/06 that was on over the weekend. it just makes car enthusiasts look bad with the street racing.

it sure does...we get pulled over a lot up here for nothing thanks to that video and the street racers.
same here, even in the States. i've got a couple stories of getting pulled over for no reason, and having to ask the cop several times what I did, and he make up something bogus.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes i'm sure you getting pulled over for no reason has so much to do with that Documentary. Probably you owning a modded car has alot to do with it. I thought the documentary was pretty cool and have no problem with what they do. Hell I will do the same thing.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I don't think the documentary is the only cause of getting hassled. I can tell you that it didn't help up here after it first aired about 5 years ago.

This is an interesting set of stats. It isn't just a problem up here.

You guys and gals in the states have it.

no-one is preaching to anyone as to what to do. You are an adult. You make choices and hopefully are mature enough to know the consequences of your actions before you act. Hopefully you're mature enough to know why street racing can harm other people and that if you want to race make sure you choose to do it in a place for sure that doesn't risk other people.

My position is if some idiot wants to rev against me at a light, I roll down my window and tell him when the next track day is and I'll meet him there . I don't race the idiot at the light when other cars and people are around. That's what I do. My ego isn't so fragile that I can't tell him to take a hike. Maybe others are so insecure that the only way they can feel important is to race without thinking about the consequences that it does.

That's their problem. Not mine. They're stuck in adolescence.
My problem is when their actions affect other people or me.

When innocent people get killed or seriously injured (severed limbs...what if that was your mother or sister? would you be as complacent or apathetic or in denial?), that's when I at least openly and unambiguosly state that I am against it.

If an idiot went into a clinic and shot 13 people and they were related to you, you wouldn't sit there and say, oh well.... would you?

Your car can be a weapon. It's a privilege to drive not a right. You have to be considered an adult to get a license. They can take the license and your privilege away. Remember that.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I agree with Tuan.. Street racing is for idiots and immature kids that have a bigger ego than a brain.

Its not worth it.. alot of people try to race me at the lights I just look the opposite direction and ignore them everytime, I think that annoys them more than anything in a way I already won the race by not racing him/her on the streets.

There is no excuse take it to the tracks or don't do it at all!

·
Registered
328 Posts
street racing is wack although i'm sure most of us get that urge to let loose sometimes on the road you have to maintain and be responsible, after you've spent your hard earned cash on serious parts the last thing you want to do is crash, kill yourself or someone else. The show is seriously old and half of the guys on there including the police had know idea what they were talking about when explaining the parts and there use. there was one scene where it was stated "we have a bunch of drag racers leaving the scene" and all u saw was minivans and station wagons too funny!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.