Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Looks like everyone needs to start writing SEMA
www.sema.org for thier help in their local area for making cops get off of our asses....
Mr. McDonald, the president of SEMA is an extremely nice person and is willing to help wherever he seems fit. Ive talked with him multiple times and he is a big proponent of LEGAL car modifications along with the legal system getting changed to represent that

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
wtf...honestly that is ridiculous..thats like racism but against moddders of the cars..absolutly pitiful

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
This isnt a bill or anything thats getting passed, it's what's been going on down in CA for a while now. They use their stupid emissions regulations as a way to write BS tickets to people they profile as "racers", whether they street race or not. The idea of CARB is good, to control emissions, but the execution is HORRIBLE.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The only thing that I could gather from the article was to crack down on illigal mods. It doesn't really say anything about citing someone just because the car "looks" fast. It has to have illegal mods on the car to be cited.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hope this doesn't set an example for other states/provinces

Would this effect hot rods?
Cuz it would have to be equal/fair for all modified cars right?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it does say illegal in one part, but then it says modified in another. So I'm guessing anything not stock will get pulled over. Its suppose to be stopping all the racing thats been going on. I mean it doesn't even have to be illegal, cops can't tell till they pull you over. Even then they'll probably give you a ticket for something stupid.

They have the right purpose, just a wrong way of going about it.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
In Reply To sak:
The only thing that I could gather from the article was to crack down on illigal mods. It doesn't really say anything about citing someone just because the car "looks" fast. It has to have illegal mods on the car to be cited.

I have to agree.  According to what the article says, it is just making officers of the law more informed on what is illegal according to the state of California.  It is in no way saying that they are just going to pull over anyone who looks fast.  If you read up on the laws and stay CARB legal, you have nothing to worry about.  Common guys, don't assume the worst!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I gotta admit, thats some F*cked up law. Pretty soon you wont be able to walk the streets cuz u wearing a pear of "filas" and everyone else is wearing "Reebok". These cops have nothing else better to do but bust our Balls. No matter what State/city, cops are a$$e$. Their only good to protect you, but if a robber breaks into you house, u cant kill him otherwise you'll get charged with murder....go figure.....The people in government have nothing better to do but make up stupid laws....DUMB!

93-TeG

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's absolute BS... call up Honda and get them to start putting performance mods on as "stock" add-ons.. =) You think the police should be investigating murders or robbery's... not mods on cars....

·
Registered
501 Posts
These "laws" are only being enforced because some of YOU guys make it that way. If some kids just figured out that street racing is illegal, and (DUH) dangerous, then cops wouldn't be such a$$e$, 93-teg. There has been so much hype over the whole "modified car" because people ABUSE it. If you are not passing emmissions, and this is because you have something illegal, then you will get a ticket. Thats not UNfair...thats life. I know tons of people that have 12second cars, that pass emissions...so it CAN be done.. You don't need a "dirty" car to be fast.
SOme of these people are just taking street racing too far, and if it keeps happening then serious, bs, laws might be made...It doenst say ANYWHERE in that artical that having a greedy exhaust (which is legal) will yeild a ticket. But not havintg a cat, or some sh*t like that is. Ya'll need ot read before you judge.

AND, 93 teg, i have a fact for you. Its call the "right to bear arms" So if someone WERE to break into your house...you can kill them.Self defense buddy!

·
Registered
779 Posts
very very true

AND, 93 teg, i have a fact for you. Its call the "right to bear arms" So if someone WERE to break into your house...you can kill them.Self defense buddy!

make sure u read the whole thing and know what ur talkin about before u judge it

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
WHat about the part where they are looking at the height. Could that mean you can get a ticket if your car is too low? I dont see how that messes the environment or anybody else, except for the owner of the car.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
IGUEZ2K4 on Feb/23/04 said:
WHat about the part where they are looking at the height. Could that mean you can get a ticket if your car is too low? I dont see how that messes the environment or anybody else, except for the owner of the car.
yes it's "unsafe" and you know when you go over speed bumps and your pretty little $600 exhaust system scrapes up the fugly concrete? thats call damaging state property.

CA is such a sweet place, I love to live there but their auto laws sucks! Enough with this 2F2F sh*t! I mean come on, don't make assumptions!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.