1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1992-1996 Prelude VTEC - 345cc
1990-1996 300zx Twin Turbo - 370cc
1991-up 3000gt vr-4 - 350cc

Or does anyone know if there is an injector of about that size that will fit. The closest that I can find is the 390cc from a/t dsm's. But I'm looking for something a little smaller. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Not compatible with your system. I think all those listed are peak and hold while your 99 gs is saturated. I think the 300ZX is saturated (not sure) and even if it is, I don't know if it will physically fit.

97+ ludes have 280cc saturated injectors and it works for your year teg. What size are you looking for really?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was just going to use resistors if they were peak and hold, but if they were saturated then that would just be a plus.

If they 97+ ludes fit, do you think the earlier models would also?

My setup and goals. I'm looking to use an afc to control my fuel, until I can save more money. The reason for me looking for injectors between the sizes of 340-370 is because I'm looking to get the 1st gen s-afc, which is analog and only controls +/- 30%. I've heard of people running with 450cc injectors and using the afc to take out -40% of fuel, leaving them with 270cc being injected. And then at a higher rpm, take out -35% of fuel, leaving them with 292.5cc's. This is all settings to boost about 10 psi.

Now this is my theory:
I am only going to be running about 7 psi, so I wouldn't need that much fuel for 10 psi. Hence the smaller injectors. Because I'm using smaller injectors, I wouldn't need to take out as much of a percentage. Infact, if I were to get, lets say the 300zx - 370cc's, then to get around 270ccs flowing, I would need to take out 100cc's, which is 27%. Then then at higher rpms, I would need to take out less, about 80cc's, which would be about 22%. Now these numbers are well within the -30% range. I think this gives me 2 benefits: 1) Smaller injectors = easier to idle, 2) Cheaper!!

So that is my quest for temperary fuel management at a economical cost. So my only problem right now is finding injectors to fit the equation. I'm leaning toward the a/t turbo talon's with 390cc injectors. But if I can find a smaller one, then that will help me have more tuning ability.

Does this sound feasible?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I hope you know that although your "Theory" sounds good, you need to Dyno this setup for a proper tune ! And stay away from that "V-AFC HACK" crap !

Good luck !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just get some 450cc dsm injectors and get them cleaned and blueprinted. I dont know why you say the afc hack is crap...its damn good for what you pay for. Much better than any fmu and inline fuel pump set up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Etylorcen: With 450cc injectors my version of the afc hack wouldn't work. That's why I'm looking for smaller injectors.

Boostcontrol: I do plan on dynoing my setup when I'm done. But what's wrong with the afc hack? Have you had a bad experience with them or know someone who does?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts