Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 99 integra has a brake issue. brand new brake pads and rotors (not the cheap stuff at autozone, oreillys, etc. calipers are in great condition, my pedal is still to the floor and im consistently having to top it off with brake fluid. there's no leak from the top but the drivers side at the bottom is full of fluid but unable to see exactly where the leak is coming from. any ideas ?? i was told i would have to drop the engine and transmission.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Things to check:
- did you bleed the brakes (and in the right order) when you added fluid? there could be air in the lines
- have you checked around the ABS module in the engine bay (left of the transmission when looking in the bay) for leaks, excessive rust, etc.
- when you did the pads and rotors, did notice any cylinder seals torn or unusually worn?

It would also be helpful if you could post some pictures of the underside of the brake master cylinder

whoever told you you'd need to drop the engine was smoking crack or trying to charge you a lot of money for something.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Master cylinder. It is pretty common. There is an O ring that fails, and it leaks down into the footwell. You don't have to do anything with the engine/transaxle. It is easily accessible to fix.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most likely your master cylinder has failed and needs replacement. Your master cylinder has seals inside of it thay are rubber and wear over time causing failure and also causing a loss of pedal feel, pedal drops to floor.you cannot visually see the master cylinder failing but what you can do is unbolt the master cylinder from the brake booster and see if the brake booster has any fluid in it, if it does, this is a sure sign of a failing master cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts