Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , I am NEW to this site . I recently bought this 99 Integra GS 5 speed from original Lady owner . ALL out stock complete car . She and her husband said that it has a burnt valve . I install a metal radiator , thermostat and spark plugs . I have bought a head gasket kit and a stage 1 clutch kit . I do not plan to do any other mods or upgrades except to change the wheels . The car could use a new paint job due to clear coat issues on top . Still have misfire on 1 , 3 , and 4 cylinder . I did compression test that came out terrible . 150 , 60 , 0 , 150 . I did not do a leak down test . I discovered a terrible oil leak on top of exhaust manifold between 2 and 3 cylinder right above manifold inside of the holes in the head . I have not taken anything apart yet to repair . I was wondering IF anybody has EVER had this issue or knows exactly what the issue is . I have figured that the oil leak issue is NOT coming from the valve cover . I still have been driving the car with this issue BUT only a few miles to put gas into the car . I am making time to start repairs on it this week IF I can get a few days of good weather ..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Best case scenario - badly blown head gasket causing compression problems and allowing oil to leak out the front under the head
Medium case - best case + warped head
Worst case - cracked head

Doesn't really matter in any case, you need to pull the head and find what you find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I accidently posted a pic of the 2000 civic ex that I use to own . I still have not taken it apart . I don't see how oil can go up to those hose above the manifold from headgasket . Headgasket is way below .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts