Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it just started about two days ago when i try to go into vtec it doesnt sound like it is engaging in the first stage then i can hear it go into the second stage and it sputters but only when i go past 6 grand. anybody experience this? anybody know what may be causing it?

·
Registered
31,218 Posts
VTEC does not have 2 stages. It's on or off.

and in a GSR it is on at 4400-4500 rpm depending on loading conditions. in a GSR the "sound" at 5750 rpm is your IM secondary butterfly valves opening. If they do not open then you have a vacuum leak or the IAB solenoid is defective or the ECU wire to and from the IAB solenoid valve or the ECU itself is messed .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Check your oil. Low oil pressure. This happened to me once. Hammered down VTEC engaged then disengaged at about 6000rpm. Make sure you have enough oil.

·
Registered
62 Posts
along with 1FSTGSR said...if your car is lowered, and youve bottomed out, its possible that you could have dented your oil pan, inturn altering your screen, which will allow the oil to process slower which will inturn alter the oil pressure levels, which will inturn cause vtec to go in and out...inturn is such a fun word :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts