Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a project with my 16yr old son, we recently picked up a stock non-vtec 5-speed LS coupe. Not sure what happened, but the car is missing the entire exhaust past the manifold. I've spent the past 4 days combing this site, in particular sections on exhausts and headers, desperately trying to put together a decent non-restrictive stepped system for under $600. This is not a performance project and I expect future mods to be limited to possibly cams and a nice intake.

My thoughts…

EXHAUST MANIFOLD:
Option 1: Stay with factory manifold for now- upgrade later
Option 2: low cost eBay 4-2-1 header (SR-S at $200)
SR*S 4-2-1 Header FOR Acura Integra 94 95 96-01 RS LS GS | eBay
Option 3: Skunk2 4-2-1 $400 (Amazon)

CAT: Magnaflow 2.25” $115 (Amazon) will need flanged and bunged

EXHAUST: Would like to steer clear of the cheap fart can exhaust, but can’t seem to find anything better for under $400. The Yonaka catback seems to be the best I can find with a nice muffler and sound, but at $400 (Amazon) it’s pushing our budget.

Appreciate any input, recommendation or part sources

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,360 Posts
I'm not too sure where you got that information, but at no point would I ever see a power loss going to a 2.5" setup. A 3" setup for what I believe you're looking to do is overkill, and would be geared more towards a boosted setup.

Without piecing together an exhaust, you're going to be hard pressed to find a quality system within your budget. Keep in mind that most exhaust setups that I've seen net 10-15whp, depending on the setup, and if it's tune or not. Is the low yield & return worth the cost to you? Something to think about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the LS being stock, other than a cold air intake, would a 2.5" system be ok? I originally intended to do a stepped system 2" header, 2.25 cat, 2.5 exhaust, but it seems simpler to piece together a 2.5 system than it is to do a stepped system.

Also, the number and email posted on the IPS website are no good...know of another supplier for the Carsound cats that will install flanges and O2 bung?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts