Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my Integra used and it might have a rebuilt engine because it has only about 145k in it. Now it's around 160k.

I opened the engine cover last week to clean up some residue and replace the cylinder o-rings. Found out the timing belt is kinda lose and old.

The questions are:
  • Should I replace the water pump as well?
  • I've never done any of these before and am not sure I like suspending the engine on top of a bunch of bricks while replacing the timing belt. Any advice and good link/video? I've probably seen them all, but the more the better.
  • Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,583 Posts
So I bought my Integra used and it might have a rebuilt engine because it has only about 145k in it. Now it's around 160k.

I opened the engine cover last week to clean up some residue and replace the cylinder o-rings. Found out the timing belt is kinda lose and old.

The questions are:
  • Should I replace the water pump as well?
  • I've never done any of these before and am not sure I like suspending the engine on top of a bunch of bricks while replacing the timing belt. Any advice and good link/video? I've probably seen them all, but the more the better.
  • Thanks.
Yes, the water pump should be replaced as well.

Link: Timing Belt Replacement

Link: YouTube: Integra Timing Belt Replacement

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
jjkz24
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing