Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Integra GS-R that has an inoperable electric trunk switch (can still be opened manually with the key). I've torn the whole thing apart and discovered that the root of the problem lies somewhere in the "Hatch Key Switch" mechanism. Here's the wiring diagram for the hatch circuit:

Note that the "Hatch Latch Switch" should make contact between the WHT/GRN and ORN wires when the car is unlocked, and should open the connection when the car is locked. This is what disables the electric hatch actuator when the vehicle is locked, to prevent someone from just walking up, pressing the button, and opening the trunk.

In my car, this contact is always open. Regardless of whether or not the vehicle is locked, there is no continuity between these two wires, and therefore there is no power flowing to the "Hatch Opener Switch". I tested this by shorting together the WHT/GRN and ORN wires in the Hatch Latch Switch connector, and the entire mechanism worked flawlessly. Unfortunately, I can't leave those pins shorted as a permanent solution because it bypasses the door locks, creating the situation above where anyone can just walk up to my car and open the hatch.

I haven't been able to find a repair manual explaining how to repair or replace the Hatch Latch Switch, much less the actual part itself. Any guidance about how to replace or repair the HLS, or where I can find a replacement part, would be much appreciated. Thanks so much :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts