Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find this info, but I'm not getting much helpful by searching. Perhaps someone can help me. Will a 99 OEM deck fit in something like a 94? Is the connection on a 94 going to fit the back of a 99 deck? I haven't been able to find the answer by searching. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I belive no...they changed the plug around..its very do-able, you need a pair of harnesses to change the plug around 30 bucks at any best buy.....

anyone back me up on this, if the 98+ rewire changed to the newer plug style??

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know all about wiring harnesses for aftermarket stereos, but what about when you don't have the proper connection directly to the deck? At least an aftermarket stereo comes with a harness that you wire another one up to that plugs into your factory plug. How would you connect a 94 stock stereo to a 99? Walmart doesn't sell that kind of thing.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harnesses, yes. But the ones that plug into stock decks... no. They sell harnesses that you wire to aftermarket decks that plug into the car. They don't sell the part that plugs into the deck. They sell the one that plugs into the plug in the car. The part that goes into the deck usually comes with the deck unless it is a stock unit.

I know what part you are talking about. Its just not the same part I'm talking about. I need to know if this white part that is plugged into my stock deck will plug into a 94 deck.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
lets try this again...

you need a 94-97 forward harness...this is the common one that you get in walmart etc...

then you need a 98+ reverse harness...this plugs into your deck, and gives you plain jane wires, that guess what...goes right into the forward harness....

go to best buy, and tell them you need a forward harness for a old honda and a reverse harness for a new honda, and I promise it will make sense when you see them.. :)

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
you may not even need anything at all...... most tegs from 2001 and under all had the "older" harness (same one in the image 3 replies above)

it all hinges on getting a peek at the back of the newer deck.. no one can tell you for sure because they (Acura) switched back and forth

·
Registered
254 Posts
According to the Scosche application list, all '86-'01 integras use the same connector

·
Registered
39 Posts
First of all I don't think you will need an adapter harness. But if you did, look for any stereo shop that handles Metra Products, they will have that adapter availiable. The other issure you will probably have to deal with is the radio security system. Most of the new style radios have a antitheft system. When you plug it in the readout will ask for a 4 digit security code. If the owner of the radio does'nt have it you will have to get it from the dealer. This code number ties back to the original VIN number. If you don't have the VIN the dealer can't get you that code.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sorry, I noticed that I never finished my thought in my previous post, oops
I also meant to say that if all '86-'01 integras use the same connector for an aftermarket radio that would logically mean that switching a '94 radio with a '99 one wouldn't need a connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if im not mistaken you cant use the stock deck in a different integra without putting in a special code first. its a theft deterent that honda put in those decks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts