Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 integra and i want to use the new bumpers off the 98+ integras i called the dealer and they told me that i would have to replace all these other parts and it would come out to be 2k+. is that true or can i just bolt on the new bumper without all that crap?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yea as far as i know you have to get new headlights, corner lenses, and some other stuff too... could get pricey, and if you go thru a dealer itll cost you. if you wanted to do it for a bit cheaper, i suppose you could like just buy all the stuff separate, like an aftermarket 97+ front end, aftermarket or stock headlights, corners (go for the clears!) and like anything else you need (like order em from a auto parts store, i go through autozone sometimes)

·
Registered
655 Posts
that is a load of crap, yes. I'm looking to do the conversion myself. I've talked to many who have done it and it requires few things. a) bumper off 98+. Headlights off 98+ (do not buy from dealership, they will rape you). Corner lenses off 98+ And MAYBE a new mount or clip or something for your radiator...? other than that everything else should go right into place. Looking at around $150-250 for bumper $200 for EACH headlight new or good shape, $25 for pair of corner lenses, and any other work you want done (painting, etc.) Under $800-900.

·
Registered
110 Posts
well, first off. What your looking for are the bumpers off of the 98+ Integras, 97 was still the old style. Second, no it will not just bolt on, you need to replace the headlights, and corner lights for it to fit properly. Also, 2K from the dealer sounds normal because they overcharge you a lot. Go to a junk yard and find the parts and then have them installed and painted, it will be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hhehe thanks alot guys i think im just gonna go with the jdm front end. but if i do decide to go with the 98+ front ends i have a friend that is the parts manager and he gets me acura stuff at 40-50% off

·
Registered
116 Posts
With my 94 I have a burly square tube maybe 6 inches in front of the radiator, horizontal. It's been brought up b4 but I couldn't find a diffinative answer: is a 94 ls able to recieve an entire 00 front end (s14 conv leftovers) without structrual modification?

thanks...kinda cloudy on this one...

·
Registered
301 Posts
what do you mean s14 leftovers? did you have an s14 conv and the bar was part of it? if so, i do think you have to get rid of it. because as far as i know, those s14 "bolt on" kits for tegs arent really "bolt-ons" they require special radiator support. unless you have a custom made conv, thats a different story. but if that bar is oem, then itll do. sorry if i didnt answer your ??, but i dont really understand what youre saying.
oh yea, maybe list the s14 leftovers?

but i have the 98+ conv on my 96, and yes it bolts right on WITH the 98+headlights and bumper lights. no special clip or radiator support needed. same with the rear, it just bolts right on, EVERY single bolt, screw etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts