Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone done this?
how did you do it?
on stock bumper or aftermarket?
how did you mount it?
wats needed?
anything else i should know before doin it myself?

thx, i know its all choppy, but this way, its a quicker read.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've seen it done. check 935draggers.com and look through the site. the Cali Type R kit uses Acura CL lights. IMO JDM front is better :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, all the previous except for the pic uses acura cl lights.
Thing is, i need to get new headlights for my 98 and bumper (vandalized) and since my bro owns a tech/body shop i was gonna try this out. Considerin dat accord lights are much cheaper den 98 teg lights, plus it would look pretty cool imo. Theres 2 cars in my town dat has it, but there cars are white w/blue tinted light, kinda generic if you ask me. But this sounds fun, a little diff. from the jdm, since theres bout 10 cars in town like dat and cheaper(?)
i have a pic of it done real nice, at least the light area was.. real flush, im just wonderin how the lights were mounted and if theres any fab, besides cuttin the bumper

and dat pic posted, its an ok one i guess. the ones ive seen, the guys cut less away from the bumper, on the bottom, takin away the turn signal part of the lights, they also cut the top part, angled downward, which gave it a much more aggressive look. I like almost as much as the jdm conversion. thx for all the help guys.. any one else w/any ideas or info?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
the most apparent fabrication i can think of, is making a mount for the headlights. You might end up needing to extend brackets so that the headlights can have something to bolt onto, and can lay as flush as possible with the bumper.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am going to do the 98 Accord headlight conversion. I already have the headlights. I'm gonna put them on with my C-west bumper. Basically you have to make custom brackets on the Accord headlights so they bolt onto the original holes.

·
Registered
638 Posts
i have done it and i am selling the bumper and lights all together all u need to do is bolt the bumper on make offer... my lights are black chrome projectors with a combat front bumper the lights are 1998 accord headlights

·
Registered
638 Posts
My 1998 Accord headlight conversion is for sale. I had the headlights to custom fit a front combat bumper. The headlights are black chrome housing projectors. I will sell the conversion for cheap let me know asap. I will ship too. Leave me ur number on a private message so i can call u.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i am in the process of doing this, i have a thread open and will have current pics up tommorow of the progress, theres def. allot of work involved in it ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts