Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is going to be a bit of lengthy post so please first of all bear with me.

I own a 1999 JDM Honda Integra Type R. I'm currently in the process of restoring the engine bay ready for my fresh engine to go back in.

I'm based in the UK and I've enjoyed following the likes of LHT Performance and obivously took a keen interest in his GSR Restoration when I noticed something different in regards to the ABS layout. On my JDM ITR the ABS Fusebox is on the passenger side (Your drivers side in the US) I noticed on the most recent Video John at LHT was showing the engine bay on this Integra GSR and I noticed the ABS pump fusebox is located just above the ABS pump itself.

This is different to the JDM ITR layout and I actually like the idea of moving mine to the other side above the pump to clean the bay up abit. The engine is being stripped back and painted, A OEM+ Rebuild but with a small amount of wire tucking to compliment the work i'm putting into painting the bay.

Below are the pictures John at LHT kindly supplied me pictures of his bay and I'm hoping you amazing lot on TI can help me source this particular bracket which mounts the ABS fusebox to the shock tower. I'm well aware a fair amount of wiring extension is going to be required to make this work, for one the power cable from the fusebox will require to end up on the other side of the bay to the battery.

If anyone can provide me with the whereabouts I can get this bracket, I've spent many hours looking on Acura Parts Diagrams and cant seem to locate this bracket new from the dealer. Maybe you've removed your ABS recently and have the fusebox and the bracket available for sale? Any help from you guys in the US would be great!

I've provided a picture of a JDM engine bay for reference

Thanks in advance
Luke

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,253 Posts
A few things.....

There's nothing "unusual" about the pics that you posted. It's a USDM Integra with a JDM front end that's been swapped out. All left-hand drive Integras with ABS had the modulator and the fuse box for the ABS on the right side of the vehicle, which is shown in your picture.

The bracket in your picture is completely custom for whatever reason. I can tell by the shape of it, and the bolts that he used to mount it. The part number to the actual bracket is 38231-ST7-A00. It's a discontinued part from Honda/Acura. You'll need to search at a salvage yard that has a left-hand drive Integra. Alternatively, Facebook Marketplace, or Integra Facebook groups are going to be your best bet, where a seller is parting out their vehicle. Or, you can post a picture such as what I have below in those groups to see if you get any hits from those members.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't know why jjkz24 thinks that bracket is custom by any means. The hardware is not original but bracket is..
Not the best picture but only one I could find and I had to zoom way in.

Your jdm fuse box is on the left side due to wiring harness. It plugs in the lower kick panel in the cabin(which is flipped on RHD vehicles) To run fuse box on the pump side you would most likely need to extend all the wires quite a bit, not even a usdm harness would work cause the plug would be too far away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few things.....

There's nothing "unusual" about the pics that you posted. It's a USDM Integra with a JDM front end that's been swapped out. All left-hand drive Integras with ABS had the modulator and the fuse box for the ABS on the right side of the vehicle, which is shown in your picture.

The bracket in your picture is completely custom for whatever reason. I can tell by the shape of it, and the bolts that he used to mount it. The part number to the actual bracket is 38231-ST7-A00. It's a discontinued part from Honda/Acura. You'll need to search at a salvage yard that has a left-hand drive Integra. Alternatively, Facebook Marketplace, or Integra Facebook groups are going to be your best bet, where a seller is parting out their vehicle. Or, you can post a picture such as what I have below in those groups to see if you get any hits from those members.

View attachment 106639

Thanks for your comment, you say there is nothing unusual with this but I assume you didn’t realise the Fusebox locations were different just like me.

I’m not new to hondas by any stretch and have been involved with them from 2005 but I found it interesting that the Fusebox lay outs were in a different location and how different or “cleaner” the bays looked. Being in the UK we only have RHD so JDM imports are more favourable.

I knew johns GSR was a front end swapped Integra too if you re read the original post, I do call it a GSR not JDM Type R.

Thanks for your input. I hoped someone on here would be breaking and would maybe be able to assist but looks like forum is pretty quiet these days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know why jjkz24 thinks that bracket is custom by any means. The hardware is not original but bracket is..
Not the best picture but only one I could find and I had to zoom way in.

Your jdm fuse box is on the left side due to wiring harness. It plugs in the lower kick panel in the cabin(which is flipped on RHD vehicles) To run fuse box on the pump side you would most likely need to extend all the wires quite a bit, not even a usdm harness would work cause the plug would be too far away.
Thanks, I knew it was a genuine part too, totally appreciate your comment that it’s a hell of a lot of work to get this to work.

Can anyone help me source the bracket??

Facebook market place for me is defaulted to UK, I’d pay for someone’s time to help source these parts

·
Registered
15 Posts
What parts exactly? The bracket is pointless unless you do the complete swap id assume. But I do have my usdm (lhd fuse block, bay hardlines, bracket) setup i just recently pulled..

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,253 Posts
Thanks for your comment, you say there is nothing unusual with this but I assume you didn’t realise the Fusebox locations were different just like me.
This site is primarily US based. For us looking at those pictures, there's nothing unusual about it as that's our factory location for the ABS fusebox, which is on the right side of the vehicle. This is why I had stated "All left-hand drive Integras with ABS had the modulator and the fuse box for the ABS on the right side of the vehicle"

I knew johns GSR was a front end swapped Integra too if you re read the original post, I do call it a GSR not JDM Type R.
False. Those are not "Type R" front ends. All JDM integras regardless of trim had that front end. The Type R only added black headlight housings, instead of chrome, and a bottom lip. You specifying it being a GSR and not a "JDM Type R" vehicle does not matter in terms of the front end that's on it, other than it was swapped for a JDM front end. To dumb this down a little bit, it makes no difference if you call it a GSR, or a Type R. It's a JDM Integra front swapped vehicle.

Thanks for your input. I hoped someone on here would be breaking and would maybe be able to assist but looks like forum is pretty quiet these days.
The forum is quiet for a few reasons
  • These vehicles are getting very old, and they're getting crashed, crushed, etc. There's not a ton of the vehicles running around. The difference between the traffic on this site, and a forum with a newer vehicle (lets use a Focus RS for example) is night and day.
  • Forums aren't as popular as they once were. People have resorted to Facebook groups and posts for assistance.

Don't come across as combative with the members that are still active (such as myself) that is trying to understand your questions & inquiry, and then give feedback accordingly. That only makes the members not want to put the time & effort into replying.

Cheers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What parts exactly? The bracket is pointless unless you do the complete swap id assume. But I do have my usdm (lhd fuse block, bay hardlines, bracket) setup i just recently pulled..

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Hey,

I'm after the bracket pictured above and the fusebox to make it whoever i purchase it from worth while as i appreciate just sending a bracket from the US to the UK abit of a big ask. How much would you sell both of these for??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This site is primarily US based. For us looking at those pictures, there's nothing unusual about it as that's our factory location for the ABS fusebox, which is on the right side of the vehicle. This is why I had stated "All left-hand drive Integras with ABS had the modulator and the fuse box for the ABS on the right side of the vehicle"

False. Those are not "Type R" front ends. All JDM integras regardless of trim had that front end. The Type R only added black headlight housings, instead of chrome, and a bottom lip. You specifying it being a GSR and not a "JDM Type R" vehicle does not matter in terms of the front end that's on it, other than it was swapped for a JDM front end. To dumb this down a little bit, it makes no difference if you call it a GSR, or a Type R. It's a JDM Integra front swapped vehicle.

The forum is quiet for a few reasons
  • These vehicles are getting very old, and they're getting crashed, crushed, etc. There's not a ton of the vehicles running around. The difference between the traffic on this site, and a forum with a newer vehicle (lets use a Focus RS for example) is night and day.
  • Forums aren't as popular as they once were. People have resorted to Facebook groups and posts for assistance.

Don't come across as combative with the members that are still active (such as myself) that is trying to understand your questions & inquiry, and then give feedback accordingly. That only makes the members not want to put the time & effort into replying.

Cheers.
I think theres been abit of misunderstanding from yourself on my questions/comments.

Nothing I was saying was combative so I apologise that you have read my messages as so, but that is a Type R swap from japan. yes the other lower spec'd Integra's had those shape headlights but, you know as well as I do they are chrome on the inner areas of the headlights, those are not. so we are both right in our observations. Anyone who buys a JDM front end and ends up with the Si headlights from japan will probably be disappointed when they are expecting ITR headlights to arrive with the swap.

I highly doubt without being rude to yourself that you knew the JDM ITR ABS fusebox was in a different location to yours. probably just like me you'd have not noticed it but I did on a most recent video of LHT Performance and actually thought "wow that actually tidy's that side of the engine bay up nicely" and thought i'd ask you lovely people on TI to see if you could assist me in performing such a change on my JDM ITR.

Understandable comment about them being old now, I'm stuck in the early 2000s when everything was so much more accessible, its a massive shame a lot of the examples have now gone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's extremely hard at times to drive home a point through a forum, text or any other form other than talking, and I believe you're still not understanding what I'm saying above, which is ok. Because of that, I'm done attempting to explain.

Regards.

No problem, Thanks for your input.

Kind regards

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn’t have much luck on here with finding a ABS fuse box bracket on here but bought one off eBay and is on the way over. I’ll update when my bay is painted and the harness has been extended and tucked. Should tidy my JDM ITR bay up nicely

1 - 14 of 14 Posts