Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is going to be a bit of lengthy post so please first of all bear with me.

I own a 1999 JDM Honda Integra Type R. I'm currently in the process of restoring the engine bay ready for my fresh engine to go back in.

I'm based in the UK and I've enjoyed following the likes of LHT Performance and obivously took a keen interest in his GSR Restoration when I noticed something different in regards to the ABS layout. On my JDM ITR the ABS Fusebox is on the passenger side (Your drivers side in the US) I noticed on the most recent Video John at LHT was showing the engine bay on this Integra GSR and I noticed the ABS pump fusebox is located just above the ABS pump itself.

This is different to the JDM ITR layout and I actually like the idea of moving mine to the other side above the pump to clean the bay up abit. The engine is being stripped back and painted, A OEM+ Rebuild but with a small amount of wire tucking to compliment the work i'm putting into painting the bay.

Below are the pictures John at LHT kindly supplied me pictures of his bay and I'm hoping you amazing lot on TI can help me source this particular bracket which mounts the ABS fusebox to the shock tower. I'm well aware a fair amount of wiring extension is going to be required to make this work, for one the power cable from the fusebox will require to end up on the other side of the bay to the battery.

If anyone can provide me with the whereabouts I can get this bracket, I've spent many hours looking on Acura Parts Diagrams and cant seem to locate this bracket new from the dealer. Maybe you've removed your ABS recently and have the fusebox and the bracket available for sale? Any help from you guys in the US would be great!

I've provided a picture of a JDM engine bay for reference

Thanks in advance
Luke

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
A few things.....

There's nothing "unusual" about the pics that you posted. It's a USDM Integra with a JDM front end that's been swapped out. All left-hand drive Integras with ABS had the modulator and the fuse box for the ABS on the right side of the vehicle, which is shown in your picture.

The bracket in your picture is completely custom for whatever reason. I can tell by the shape of it, and the bolts that he used to mount it. The part number to the actual bracket is 38231-ST7-A00. It's a discontinued part from Honda/Acura. You'll need to search at a salvage yard that has a left-hand drive Integra. Alternatively, Facebook Marketplace, or Integra Facebook groups are going to be your best bet, where a seller is parting out their vehicle. Or, you can post a picture such as what I have below in those groups to see if you get any hits from those members.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't know why jjkz24 thinks that bracket is custom by any means. The hardware is not original but bracket is..
Not the best picture but only one I could find and I had to zoom way in.

Your jdm fuse box is on the left side due to wiring harness. It plugs in the lower kick panel in the cabin(which is flipped on RHD vehicles) To run fuse box on the pump side you would most likely need to extend all the wires quite a bit, not even a usdm harness would work cause the plug would be too far away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts