Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated 10/16/02
I still have this Bra for sale. Send me $40 I send you bra. It is $120 new at the dealer. This is in perfect condition. PM me if you are interested.

98-01 Tegs only.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and so are rock chips on your bumper and fading from being sand blasted driving 70mph on the highway. These can be used for highway only driving or when u go on a trip. Here in NY on the highways in the morn lots of construction trucks drop rocks and sand, so it saves the bumpers alot of chips and fading. If you dont want it thats ok, but others might like the paint to be nik free.
SO as said before $50 I send u bra =)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'd buy but I have type r lip. My mom has a 97 civic, w/ factory bra. I waxed it this summer, first time since new. The bra had never been off, and guess waht part of the car is still in perfect shape? Not a scratch, fade, or anything is wrong.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Front end bras are excellent if you are going on a long road trip and don't want to worry about rock chips and bug splatters all over your car when you get there. If you plan on your car wearing it year round and never taking it off then you are a moron. Actually, that is an insult to morons everywhere to put compare you to them but it works.

Car bras should never be worn year round. They are for temporary use when you don't want the bugs and rocks. If you do have it on for long periods of time then you need to take it off at least once a week to wash the car. They are very high maintanance. If you want it to protect your car then you are going to have to work with it. Its not like you just throw it on and forget about it. I see nose bra damage all the time on cars. You have to be careful with what gets underneath it. Even I have had damage from my bra being on for too long. They sure do help keep the car looking good for the street though.

Would you rather your car looks like ass when you get to where you are going or have it look a little funky on the trip there? The bra can come off, but the rock chips may take a little longer to remove. For 50 bucks I'd buy it if I didn't already have one. Its a good deal.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Jngrbrdman, read my above post. My mom's civic wore a bra for 4 years, NEVER came off, and the paint is great under it. Not a scratch, no fading, and not a problem what-so-ever.

I think the bras that cause damage are non OEM ones that fit bad and move. (cheap-o bras) I can say for one thing the civic bra is firm in place.

Don't mean to disagree, but I feel that if you take care of your car, they are no problem.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
rtzx9r, I totally agree with you that they are fine if you get a high quality one and take care of it. Your mom's case is a unique one. I left my bra on for a week longer than I should have and I got stains on the hood because of it. It depends on where the car goes and how well it is taken care of. I can't believe that there wasn't any damage at all after 4 years of never being off. I mean, did it get washed with the bra on and everything? Did it get waxed durring that 4 years. Surely the bra was taken off for things like that. If your car wasn't waxed for 4 years then there had to be problems with it. Even if it was garaged for 4 years there would be issues if it wasn't waxed once in awhile.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Actually, it was not waxed. I can try to get my dad's digi cam and take some pics for you to see- it is a Honda OEM bra- car garaged, bra stayed on for washes and in the winter. I dunno, maybe we just got lucky. I ripped part of it though when I took it off- right by the headlight.

I think it is the cheap bras sold at non-dealers that ruin the image of them.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
definatly the cheap ones that ruin their image. Everybody!! Please stay away from Le Bra brand car bras!!!! They will fuq up your car!!!!! That's awesome if the bra spent that much time on there and it didn't do any damage. Definatly the first time I've ever heard that one. I wouldn't recommend that as the proper treatment of a car bra though. If it worked that well then I'm amazed. You should submit the picture to the bra manufacturer and tell them about it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i need a windshield bra more than a nose mask...4 cracks on that poor thing right now..

·
Super Moderator
14,186 Posts
sold

·
Registered
301 Posts
hey so it wont fit the type r lip? i havent been close enough to one to observe it. ive come across pretty good deals including this one, but was skeptical b/c of the lip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts