Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i was searching for a lip for my car.. I came across this picture.. looks like its a 98-01 Type-R lip on a 94-97 bumper..is this correct?? or is it some other lip? if so can anyone tell me what's its called?? looks really HOT!!! damn i need this for my car... tell me what you think..

·
Registered
313 Posts
pic is not showing up but it has been known that a few guy have modified a 98+ ITR lip onto a 94-97 frontend, don't know how much modifying it takes but I have seen pics and it does look nice, just be prepared to have some patience if you take on this project.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
gsrevo on Apr/03/04 said:
shrugs or it could be a 97 type r lip on that 94-97 bumper
The 97 ITR lip is just like the comptech for the 97... this looks like a 98+ fitted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is my car, I think I posted those pictures on H-T a few years ago. Anyways, that is a 98 ITR lip modified to a 94-97 bumper. I get a lot of PM's on how to do this so I will explain what I did to everyone.

Looking at the picture below, that is a modified 98 ITR lip and a 97 ITR lip. The areas circled in red have been shaved down just to fit the opening of the grill. Also, the black vertical plastic pieces that support the middle bar in the grill have to be cut to allow the lip to be pushed into the grill. This will allow the lip to be fitted onto the car, but at each end at the wheel it overlaps about a 1/2" too much. So it's not a perfect fit as the 98+ front end is shaped slightly different.

Is it worth doing? I would say yes if you want a more unique look and don't mind that it won't be an exact fit.
I eventually got pissed off at the fitment issue and last year switched to a 97 lip.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Where could you buy a type r lip for a 94-97? I look on ebay every once in a while and only see the 98+. I see the mugen lip on there for the 94-97 (very cheap btw), but like the way the type r looks much better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
go on honda-tech. i think they are starting another group buy for the type r lips in urethane for $150 plus shipping. look in the integra forum

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hey, good news. I know this topic is a lil' old, but I found a website that sells 94-97 type r front lip spoilers for only 85$. The cheapest I've heard of them elsewhere is like 150$. Here's the link.... www.phasenine.com

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yes it will, its actually a conversion, but you need the 98+ headlights- and I believe that is it, but I am not 100% considering mine is a 98, and have not looked into that conversion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts