Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rumors has it that 98-00 gsr are a bit slower than the 94-97 gsr due to the ecu on board. true or false? what is the major differences between the obd1 and obd2?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Oy.....do a search my man.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
It is talked about here, and on page 3 of this thread

Some quotes, for those who don't wanna click

Posted by Michael Delaney said:
OBD2 has nothing to do with it...

again this is another urban legend started by that magazine actually....it's done nothing but a dis service to informing import enthusiasts...it's full of misinfo...

we have several obd2 vs obd1 threads here already that you can search and read...stop perpetuating the misinfo please,....
Quote: Posted by SurferX Damn you SCC for starting that! They do one stupid test of a DC header on a OBD1 and OBD2 car, find the OBD1 car made more HP and go write some big dumbass article on it. Put a header on ANY two of the same car OBD whatever it will NOT see the same gains. Plus they used a chassis dyno which are simply inaccurate. Changes in power could have been caused by anything including something as small as what tires the cars were using.
[/quote]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Stock vs Stock they should be the same. BUT.... I've heard the thing is that when you modify an OBD2 it senses the mods and somehow retards or detunes itself to account for the new mofications. OBD1's will not do that Sooo... in theory an OBD1 with the EXACT same mods as a 2 should be slightly faster ...AS TIME GOES oN.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
BUT.... I've heard the thing is that when you modify an OBD2 it senses the mods and somehow retards or detunes itself to account for the new mofications
Yeah, that sounds like it came from the same SCC article. I don't beleave it =)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I was wondering about that - OBD2 'detuning' basic breathing mods - too, because of what I read here (I don't know a thing about the SCC article) ...
NTPOG OBD2 article

I'm trying to find out some more info on this ... I'll post up a link or something if I do.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have both. My car is a '99 OBD2. I also own a ECU from a '95 and a Skunk2 wire harness. Back about 1 1/2 years ago when it was thought OBD1 made more power I bought the OBD1 ECU. The OBD1 did not make more power on my car. My car ran the same times on the track. Sorry no dyno but I have time slips some place.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Justin95GSR on Aug/30/02 said:
I've heard the thing is that when you modify an OBD2 it senses the mods and somehow retards or detunes itself to account for the new mofications.
hmmm... yet i've pulled almost 20whp from simple bolt-on's (I/H/E/CamGears)... where's this de-tuning occuring?

maybe i just got lucky... hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts