Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people of the tegra team. Not sure if I’m in the right section for this question but I have quite the injector problem, so in the past month I’ve been trying to get my car to run good. I had it running decent for a while and took it on a drive halfway down the road I started feeling a serious jerk. I knew instantly it was injectors from the way the car was hesitating and cutting in and out of power. This car currently has RC racing “SL4-750cc” injectors but what I have seen from their website they do not make those injectors anymore they have been replaced with “SH4-750cc” injectors. That being said what should I do? Should I still go with this brand or anyone have a better brand for a high performance tegra. I’m still running a old hondata s200 gonna switch to s300 eventually running e85 with 50 mm turbo.
Also one more question my car has a vary strange surge that I’ve never seen anyone else have,

what it does...if I’m in 1st gear and start to slowly let of the clutch and slight push the gas the car will start to hesitate drop rpm and if I push thethrottle a little more it will rev up to 3 grand then back down again there is no in between it’s either idle or 3k?? It’s been vary annoying I’ve had to take off in second gear everytime even when warmed up it has a race clutch but still should be able to smoothly take of in 1st. Any suggestions on anything will be helpful thanks.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
When was the car last tuned? How much power are you making and is the injectors enough for E85? How much of the injector percentage are you using?
As for injectors if your already on RC and don’t want to change the pigtails then get same brand. Why not send them out to be cleaned and flow tested. Try that first.
Jumping to conclusion to injectors seemed like you already knew about it but decided to go with that anyways.
Majority switched out to the newer style injectors like Injector Dynamics, FIC etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all of your feedback, I have thought about sending them out but one of the old injector “SL4-750” has stopped working and does not open anymore. So there for I cannot send them out, the car was last tuned in 2016 from the previous owner. The car is making roughy 350HP according to the sheets, now if I where to get a different brand of injectors such as dynamics would the car need to be tuned for those injectors? And the injector percentage is unknown at the moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all of your feedback, I have thought about sending them out but one of the old injector “SL4-750” has stopped working and does not open anymore. So there for I cannot send them out, the car was last tuned in 2016 from the previous owner. The car is making roughy 350HP according to the sheets, now if I where to get a different brand of injectors such as dynamics would the car need to be tuned for those injectors? And the injector percentage is unknown at the moment.
Yes, my suggestion is to tune the car when you switch to other brand injectors, though its not necessary but recommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts