Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just rebuilt my teg yet again and when I put it back together, 1st and 2nd gear are not there. Where 1st position is, is where my 3rd gear starts.

So essentially I have 3rd, 4th, 5th, and Reverse, just starting at the 1st position at my shifter. Where 5th/Reverse are on the shift pattern, there's no gears at all. It'll slide into the position but no gears there. It's almost as if all my stuff slide 2 positions to the left.

So I had pulled the trans off the car and inspected the main and counter shafts and the gear stacks are correct and shift change assembly is where it needs to be and lined up in the forks. So I had put it back into the car in hopes that maybe something I took off and put back after inspecting would have miraculously fixed it, but still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on and where I've messed up at?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pull out your shift fork detent ball spring screw things for 1/2.

See if you can shift into 1 or 2 then put it back in n torque with the shaft already in gear.
They are right about the oil level as the fill so may have some leakage if your on level surface.

Got my 3/4 semi back torquing to 1ftlb less than I had it before. Gonna see what I can come up with for shimming it a bit to hold onto the fork less.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull out your shift fork detent ball spring screw things for 1/2.

See if you can shift into 1 or 2 then put it back in n torque with the shaft already in gear.
They are right about the oil level as the fill so may have some leakage if your on level surface.

Got my 3/4 semi back torquing to 1ftlb less than I had it before. Gonna see what I can come up with for shimming it a bit to hold onto the fork less.

So you think it's the springs that are bad then? If they're holding too tight to the ball than that means the springs should be stretch out some to hold it that far in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For me - it was the crush washers used were too thin.

The screw was allowed to screw in enough that the shift fork divots we're catching it and taking chunks out of it.

Steel shift fork divots trying to take chunks out of steel screw = no shift.

Pulled both of them out and made a thicker crush washer setup (like .020" thicker, not much needed).
The screws were chewed up and nasty on their end tips.

Glides in and out of gears beautifully.

As for the whole shift pattern being off - get your exhaust out of the way and take a pic from below of your shifter to shift linkage connection.

I have some rubber shims up there on mine and it's currently pushed the whole shift pattern about 1/2 a slot to the left. I'll be in there sometime in the next two weeks to adjust the shimming till 3/4 are dead middle.

I bet you have something similar going on up there, except your a solid 1 slot to the left.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts