Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I only have this car I really on to get to work. I have 3days off a week to do any work on my car. So far I have put on a weapon r SRI, wrapped 421 DC headers, NGK plugs/wireset, magnaflow cat, Skunk2 catback, hasport mounts, and of course did all my fluids and filters. So atm I'm kinda going for power instead of a track day build since I have to be careful to not mess my only ride up. I typically have about 500-700$ to spend each payday and won't the most out of my money. So if it's a huge gap in difference on quality I would rather save up and change it once. My goal is to get the most out of my car with what I have to work with. I've only been learning and doing things myself for about 2 months and have done everything myself and definitely have alot to learn. Appreciate any advice or ideas on my next goal to set!

·
Administrator
4,260 Posts
In order to answer questions like these, you should give us what your desired HP goal is, if that's the area that you're concentrating on first, rather than chassis, suspension, brakes, etc. The advice that you get from members on here, including myself, will be different and vary between all of us, without knowing your power goals. For example, having a goal of 160whp will include parts and advice that is totally different from wanting 200whp, or 300whp, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I would probably say 200whp since it's at 200k and with a ls it has a good way to go. I am planning to do a LSV with a 1.6dohc cylinder head on the ls block. I still have to do a compression leak down test to find the health of the engine. Hopefully should be able to this weekend.

·
Administrator
4,260 Posts
If you're looking for 200whp, a simple setup would be as follows:

B20 block
84mm Pistons (OEM)
ITR Head
ITR Cams
ITR Intake Manifold
ITR Valvetrain
3" Exhaust
Decent Header
Tuning Solution

Similar setups net 200-205whp. You might be able to stretch to 215whp or so on E85 fuel, but would require some fuel upgrades as well, along with an ethanol sensor.

I can say this, you're sort of working backwards with the parts that you've already acquired and installed. That Skunk2 exhaust setup will be a bottleneck due to the small sizing of the exhaust. The natural thing for beginners is to throw parts at a vehicle, and expect it to make power. I consider that "lego building". You have to carefully choose your goals (power goals in this example), and research and choose the correct products/parts to get you there.

Your other roadblock is keeping the 1.8L displacement. Displacement = power. The old saying goes, "there's no replacement for displacement." Hence the B20 block that I have above in my list. Everything that I have above is OEM Honda (with the exception of exhaust, header, and tuning solution), which means it'll be as reliable as they come for a very long time, with great power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts