Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 integra gs 5speed manual b18b1 fully stock, no mods except for a k&n filter. My car has died 2 times in the past few days, once while turning off of the highway, and I was almost hit by a truck. I didn't even know the car was off until I tried to accelerate while
Turning off the road. Since I was still rolling I Downshifted and attempted to bump start while I was still rolling, which did not work. I then turned the key and the car started right up and I got myself off the road. The car ran fine for the next few days, and did the same thing last night, again I was able to start the car right up. I've been looking on forums and it seems that
There are several possibilities for repair. I just don't want to start blindly replacing parts. Any help
Would be appreciated, Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I say try a new main relay. Common issue in Hondas and a cheap "first try" fix....

·
Registered
41 Posts
If your car is running like normal, and then all of a sudden with no warning your car cuts out, it could be the ICM ( ignition control module) its a piece that is inside the Distributor. If your dash lights stay on but you lose power steering, its probably the ICM.

I could be wrong, but if the ICM is bad, your car will run fine and then kill when the ICM gets hot/ then your car just shuts off. If the car wont start right away after rthe stall, this is a good sign your ICM is bad. Give some time and the car will col donw and start and run just fine until ICM gets hot again.. ect ect

·
Registered
24 Posts
My '96 had the same issue. I would be driving, and it would stall, then kick in. Occasionally it would just die.

Turns out it was a coil. I replaced the distributor and haven't had a problem since then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts