Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Details its a 97 GS Integra W/ 185K miles. Alternator was replaced 164K miles, Oil was changed 183K miles, Spark plugs might need a touch up but the coil packs are sparking fine. The car started and then stalled after the RPM's dropped and the battery light came on. Tried jumping the battery and it runs as long as its hooked up or I am revving the engine. As soon as I let off the gas the battery light comes back on, the RPM's dropped and the car stalls. after trying a couple of times and getting a new battery the check engine light came on. I am going to hook it up to a OBD reader tomorrow morning. I filled up the gas tank the other day from a half tank and have driven maybe 100 miles since. I also have not added Heat yet for the cold season.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Details its a 97 GS Integra W/ 185K miles. Alternator was replaced 164K miles, Oil was changed 183K miles, Spark plugs might need a touch up but the coil packs are sparking fine. The car started and then stalled after the RPM's dropped and the battery light came on. Tried jumping the battery and it runs as long as its hooked up or I am revving the engine. As soon as I let off the gas the battery light comes back on, the RPM's dropped and the car stalls. after trying a couple of times and getting a new battery the check engine light came on. I am going to hook it up to a OBD reader tomorrow morning. I filled up the gas tank the other day from a half tank and have driven maybe 100 miles since. I also have not added Heat yet for the cold season.
Code came through for misfire. Checked the coil packs and all were sparking. Replaced the spark plugs and it ran for a while. I checked fuel pressure and filter and both work. Any ideas what the problem could be?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 1994 had a similar problem, a bunch of chasing later, found out it was a bad cylinder. Might not be a bad idea to have a mechanic do a compression test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts