Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car recently started sputtering/hesitating on the freeway, either 4th or 5th gear. When I'm driving off the freeway around town and such, no such sputtering occurs. I'm gonna try changing out the spark plugs today, I'm assuming that won't change much since it doesn't do this unless I'm on the freeway. Is there anything else I should check? I don't have much mechanical experience but I'm willing to try.

The previous owner put in a aftermarket air filter, I'm not sure how to check the MAF, I'm guessing that might be it?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Our motors run off a MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure), not a MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow). And aftermarket air filter wouldnt be the cause of your problem.

At what engine speed/RPM does the sputtering start to occur? Is it the same RPM or different? Do you have a check engine light when it starts to sputter? If its OBD2, have you checked to see if you have any codes set in the ECU?

·
Registered
1 Posts
just my 2 cent - possible bad igniter? my integra did that for a few day.. only in 5th and over 4k rpm...then it die on me going on a on ramp. i replace cap and rotor and wire and spark plug with no luck until i replace the igniter.

gao

1 - 5 of 5 Posts