Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a stock GSR sedan and there is a buzzing noise around 3-4k RPM while moving, regardless of whether I am in gear or just rolling along in neutral or with the clutch in. It does not** buzz while the vehicle is stationary. Here is an example of that:
I put it on the lift today and inspected the exhaust and the header. The rubber hangers are intact, the catalytic converter is intact (no rattling noises from it when I hit it with my hand or a rubber mallet) and because the specific buzzing noise only occurs when the vehicle is in motion, that might rule out the split header. All of the issues that I know of related to a buzzing noise from poking around the forum have been pretty much ruled out.
**normally, this is true, however sometimes, particularly after I got it off the lift, it will make a buzzing noise while stationary, however this noise is slightly different than when the car is underway, here is an example of that:
My best guess is that it is something to do with the transmission, differential, or halfshafts, but it could actually be one of the things I ruled out for all I know, or even something I didn't consider.

Here are some photographs of the undercarriage of the car, I tried to get as many angles as I could: integra underside - Google Drive

·
Registered
2 Posts
I may be wrong here, but RPM specific vibrations tend to be exhaust related. I'd take a second look at the seal between your exhaust components as well as ensuring your heat shield (if any) is properly affixed to your header. Also look at the clearances around your exhaust and also ensure your O2 sensor wiring is properly secured.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts