Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i bouth my integra and its rained i noticed that my carpet on the driverside is wet. Just in the center its wet i cant tell were it may be coming from or how to fix it . Does anyone know anyhing that can help me

·
Registered
689 Posts
My best guess would be it's your windshield. Whoever replaced it failed to properly install it. My advice is to remove windshield moldings and apply clear windshield sealant (purchased from local autoparts store). Just go over the complete perimeter. A thin film is all you need. I would use a tiny brush if you can find one, if not use cotton swabs (you will need lots of them, as they degenerate quickly for this application).

Also, if you have a sunroof, there are 4 drain tubes. If one comes lose (disconnects from the sunroof), it will cause the carpet to get wet. Remove plastics and check to make sure those are secure. Goodluck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
the heating air intake can leak water in from around there under the plastic cover at the bottom of the windscreen id say thats what it is or or the sunroof thing

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
even if the drain tubes are attached, they could be clogged up. and making water back up into them and overflow at some point.

I dont have much experience with a leak at front driver side. I do have much experience other places. I do know of one spot that could be leaking though. It is a seam sealer spot and it is under the fender and behind some body panels. tough to get to if its that spot.

to check if its your windshield, turn heat on high and set to defrost and fans full blast, close doors and windows and spray soapy solution around your windshield and check for bubbles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts