Team Integra Forums banner

221 - 240 of 752 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
IceD_InTeGra97 on Jun/02/07 said:
Quote: nate2k5 on May/29/07i have an itr tranny on my ls, it and i love it. lower top speed, but not like LS has much top speed anyway lol

i have a stock LS motor with a .57/.60 trim turbo and i've easily hit 150..

good luck with the build, that's pretty sweet
i meant stock, in that form the LS is limited by drag rather than tranny gearing, whereas a motor like the b18c5 is limited by it's tranny

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Macisback on Jun/03/07 said:
motor looks sick. you must be so excited
Excited, i try to not get excited anymore, just take it as it comes.. So i wont be let down if something happens.

Timing belt and new flywheel bolts will be picked up tomorrow! Intake mani gasket ordered and bungs for VC ordered as well.

More info to come..
Marcus Dairy car meet in CT on sunday was fun, up untill i got this crazy eye infection.. BLAH

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Messing with parts and rubbing eyes.. hahah too funny!!

More updates from Sat!
Started off as a beautiful sunny day!
Set up tent.. keep us out of the sun and cool!

Oil pan gets strapped on and torqued to 7 ft-lbs.

All parts from old motor start comming our of the shead to be strapped on!

Cams get lubed up as well as rocker arms :)

Yummyyy!!!!

Me putting on cam caps to be torqued down!

Timing belt goes on (took a few times to get it right, and covers go on!

Time to torque this bolt down to 130 ft-lbs!

this is how it was done and torque wrench was used! Old tranny bolts and a thick bar holding it from moving!

Valve lash being checked and fixed!

Comming together with Valve cover on..

OH NO PROBLEM! Valve cover does not fit properly due to the head not being a 94-97.. it is a 98+ (PR4-5 head???) Any input is appreciated!

More parts going on tomorrow! New Fly and bolts, new clutch new tranny with LSD etc etc

Reason why more wasnt done was due to..

Damn rain! More to come tomorrow of how everything is comming along! Should be put in car soon! Keep checking back!

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Another update from today!
Ok First..
Happy fathers day to all the fathers out there!
Second..
Can someone add a few hours in the day?? lol

Here we go..
Thanks to Tepid1 my ecu is finally done and ready!

So on to the next step flywheel clutch and tranny!

New clutch YUMMYY!!!

Old -> New throwout bearing

Is that what i think it is?? LSD?? YESSS!!

I see you!

Dizzy goes on but new wires do not go on yet..

Custom fabbed piece goes back on :) For water temp unit

FINALLY! YAY hoist comes out to begin the install!

Teg that will soon be happy, Pulled everything out of the way for the motor.. but not going in yet..

Off engine stand and on hoist! WHOOT

Flywheel needs new input bearing (do not hit it directly with hammer) use a socket that fits to the outer metel ring)

Flywheel on and torqued to 76 ft-lbs

Now clutch is ready to go! Action 2md! (metallic direct holds 500whp)

If only it was possible to see the red when you pop your hood :p pressure plate being torqued down to (i think) 26 ft-lbs

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Part 2

While my buddy torqued down the clutch i decided to change my fuel filter, so clean :)

And clean other parts that were soon going to be on the motor

After some time FINALLY tranny pops on!

Alternator goes on with belt and gets locked down!

Pieces that i clean go on!

Rear motor mount bracket goes on!

This is what the inside of my car looks like for the time being.. i cant wait to clean it!

Ecu is done so why not plug it in and take a crazy shot of it?? haha

After an hour... ITS IN!

Humm <scratchs head> where does this go again?

Oh yea, somewhere in here...

There we go!

Exhaust mani goes on!

Wastegate follows

Im done for the weekend.. time to relax at work all week!

Waiting for my full race traction bar to be welded!

Also my welder has to reweld tab on my FMIC

And my plug-and-play harness for my turbo timer :)

Im also awaing my hondata (knockoff) intake mani gasket. once that comes in then my intake mani goes back on! Lot to do next weekend and more parts to pick up! YAY! ALMOST THERE!

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
onebadk1tty on Jun/18/07 said:
ewww. six puc unsprung? boohiss. I went with ACT sprung 6puc. <3

btw I beat you to the quarter mile too.
haha

coming together very nicely. :)

ahah and cute lil cameo from Ryan.
Hahah he is bound to appear some where :p

Total thus far im peaking about 3k without tune so about $3500 (without the little **** that needed to be done as well welding/ and some extra things that werent completly needed)

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Well its my buddys (one with the red hat in the pics) Its our race teams main car. Its 568whp @ 34 psi on a d16z6. Best time of 10.2 and we took home a Wally last week in Atco!
id post more pics but they get deleted So less about senior yellow more on my teg

once we go bigger and better with the yellow car (air to water IC and bigger turbo (like the gt35r isnt big enough already) Im getting them for my teg!!

Thanks for the replys! PM/IM me with any questions on any of this if you have any!

BTW i went to visit with Chris, formally tepid1 here.. Check out a few pics of his whip!

Enjoy! Happy monday and More updates to come as they happen!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Nate- you got a sweet build going there!! It's gonna be sweet when finished.

Just FYI- I think you've got 'valve guides' confused with 'rocker arms'...

The above are rocker arms...

The above black arrows are the valve guides. They cannot be removed without heating the head, then hammering out...

But anywho, keep up the updates and good work!!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
coming along good, i bet you cant wait till you can drive it, haha... Ive also been watching Chris's build ove on HT, hes damn near done now! Tell him to come back to TI

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
He's stayin over on HT.. lol

I just cant wait to turn this pig over! its soo needed!

Anyone have any input on the Valve cover issue? are LS 94-97 different then 98-01?
Head says PR4-5 on it, one of my friends thought it was the rare JDM PR8 but my VC isnt fitting right which is weird.

it seems the Sparkplug holes sit too high for that my old valve cover?? Input is appreciated!

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
95integraLS003 on Jun/18/07 said:
He's stayin over on HT.. lol

I just cant wait to turn this pig over! its soo needed!

Anyone have any input on the Valve cover issue? are LS 94-97 different then 98-01?
Head says PR4-5 on it, one of my friends thought it was the rare JDM PR8 but my VC isnt fitting right which is weird.

it seems the Sparkplug holes sit too high for that my old valve cover?? Input is appreciated!

the vc should fit fine but i see at least one problem with this picture...u have a nut in between the vc and the head....whats the deal with that?

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Thats the thing though.. those nuts are there to tighten that part onto the head.. its not a seperate nut!

My friend is thinking i have the JDM PR8 head but i still dont believe him. I still havent had a chance to play with it, but i will be this weekend! YAY! Well once i get back with the race team from Import wars up in Epping, NH

I got my turbo timer harness in, im awaiting my new cleaner pass headlight, and my intake mani gasket. Its been well over 2 weeks for that damn gasket, i dont want a stock IM gasket but it looks like ill have to get one.. grrrr

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
More parts in!
New radio piece (mine snapped and my turbo timer is getting put in the bottom piece)

New Pass headlight (thanks to rwaggie), wire harness for my turbo timer, axle nuts, tranny gaskets, and the well known ***** pin..

Just waiting on the headgasket and everything ready to go!

221 - 240 of 752 Posts