Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to the Team-Integra.net and I just wanted to post pictures of the progress of my Integra since I bought it earlier this year. I am not new to tuning as I also own an 06 Cobalt SS Supercharged that is all modded out as well, but I cannot post pictures of it here as per the rules. And yes, I know that the AFC hack is not a proper way to tune the car, and I am currently saving for the Hondata S300.Without further adue...

I picked up a non-running Integra to screw around with for a whopping $500 at the beginning of this year that came with a manifold and small 16G turbo. Here are some pictures of my progress and setbacks since then.

Here is what she looked like after dragging her out from her two-year grave and placing her in my garage.

Here is what she looked like after I scrouged through my buddies and my spare parts, spending piddley crap for the used unwanted parts. I also bought mendral bends and fabricated my own charge piping.

blew the headgasket right after and then she sat again for a couple months. :cry:Then, after saving some money it was time for a new headgasket and a thorough face lift under the hood. We started Friday evening and finished it Saturday afternoon.

Look at the hot ass PPG Metallic Green valve cover painted by my friend Chris.

And then not even two hours after it was up and running, disaster stuck. I was doing a pull to test everything out and kablooey! Massive white smoke and the engine shut down! :cussing:Lesson learned here is that when ARP states to put studs into the block hand tight, go ahead and torque then in to 10ft.lbs. like the Golden Eagle directions state instead. The head lifted off the block and all sort of bad stuff happened as shown here!

So here is me and my buddies come Monday pulling the egine and getting ready to install the new engine I picked up for $650 locally. It's a 1998 B18B with 83K on it, and a hell of a lot fresher than the 164K one we are pulling. ;)

After working for what seemed like three days straight and running into every problem imagineable, she was finally up and running again. Did I mention that I installed the new engine and tranny bolted together by myself with the engine lift!

Here are a couple outside ones. And yes we did steal that viper badge off my other buddies SRT-4 as she is one nasty beast now.

End results, the car at 10-11psi pulls so freaking hard it's insane. The new engine is a lot stronger than the old one was. It has smoked the hell out two modded 01 GT mustangs with intakes, full exhausts, gearing, and other add ons. It blew the doors off a stock 350Z, and a 06 wrx with STI top mount/TBE/VF-39 turbo/tuned. Finally kept up with my buddies 02 WRX with a front mount/TBE/decatted uppipe/ equal length header/intake/Perrin Pulley/300awhp tune up until 130mph where he put about a car on me finally.

Total mods to the Integra are listed here:
Stock B18B engine with 83K
small 16G snail
SS Autocrap manifold
Earl's fittings/stainless braided line for the oil supply and return
Custom fabricated charge pipes that are heat wrapped (fabbed and welded by yours truely)
Stock SRT-4 intercooler painted black and flipped upside down
Full 2.5" exhaust welded up by my buddy Chris Snell with the stock Cobalt's resonator inline
Moroso Oil Pan
Greddy Type S BOV
560cc EVO injectors
B&M short shifter with Dojo CF knob
Autometer Boost Gauge
APEXI SAFC (Shady way to tune it all!)
Stock LS mesh wheels painted bronze with 205/50 Fuzion ZRi Tires
Gutted Interior with only a dash/carpet/door panels/ and seats.

Dents, dings, fadded paint, and the front radiator core support being bent inward .5" makes it all the more of a sleeper. :guns:

A huge thanks to all my buddies in Parks Racing who helped out on this project, the guys at the Show Zone, and lastly my girlfriend for putting up with all this crap!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Danny50 on Sep/26/07 said:
Looks good but for gods sake get rid of that manifold and SAFC. Youre just asking for trouble
Those are the next 2 things on my shopping list as soon as some funds roll around. The manifold has been welded a ton of times already, so it's long overdue to replace it. I guess I have to get either the Greddy or Edelbrock manifold since it's a t-25 style flange, and I definitely need the S300 or DIY Crome tuning setup.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Props on the work man but danny is right, safc only tunes WOT anything between it doesnt correct the fuel, unless your using it for readings?

Saving for the s300 is a good thing, id say keep it in the garage untill that comes! it will save you from another headache!

Is that manifold reinforced? Looks like as SSAC..
What you paid to put it all together is pennys compaired to Danny and I.. were just lookin out for you man!

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
95B18BTurbo on Sep/26/07 said:
Quote: Danny50 on Sep/26/07Looks good but for gods sake get rid of that manifold and SAFC. Youre just asking for trouble

Those are the next 2 things on my shopping list as soon as some funds roll around. The manifold has been welded a ton of times already, so it's long overdue to replace it. I guess I have to get either the Greddy or Edelbrock manifold since it's a t-25 style flange, and I definitely need the S300 or DIY Crome tuning setup.

Thank god. you can get any manifold and weld that flange on you know. but anything will be better than what you have. Just be careful, that thing is a ticking time bomb. GL man

·
Registered
129 Posts
the word on team integra is that manifold sucks. apparently its teh thing to say. ive installed kits iwth that manifold on at least 20 cars now and yet to have any of them crack or break. just food for thought. yeh its not the greated design but its not a ticking time bomb like everyone on here says. the day i see one of my cars come back with that manifold cracked i will post the hell out of it saying it cracked . but I have yet to see that happen. one guy got a crappy one and since it was from ebay they are all crap. sure i highly doubt it will hold insane amounts of power 350+ for a long itme but like i stated i have yet to see one crack. only problem i have come across with those is that the support bars break off almost instantly

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks gentlemen for the comments and guidence. Slowly but surely she'll get faster and better looking. The engine I installed is a 98 LS engine with 83K on it and it came from an automatic car that was well cared for. Let's just say towards the end of this year a JDM front clip may make it's way onto the car along with bodywork and some nice new paint to clean her up a bit.

Does anyone know how the OBX Ram Horn manifold holds up? A local guy has a brand new one for sale for $200. He sold his project, so he doesn't need it anymore. The welds and everything look a hell of a lot better than my SS Autocrap one.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
OBX is ****, just like any other ebay/SSAC mani.

Engine bay looks sooo much better with the new motor, props. Reminds me of the problems I encountered with my da9... except worse.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
this looks like the average turbo kit you see on civics and **** around here...there is even a d16 turbo hatch that can't even beat a modded gsr haha

not only is the manifold a ticking time bomb so are those sleeves and pistons without a good tune

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ishbog on Sep/26/07 said:
OBX is ****, just like any other ebay/SSAC mani.

Engine bay looks sooo much better with the new motor, props. Reminds me of the problems I encountered with my da9... except worse.
Thank you for the input, I'll be sure not buy that one now. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of the Honda/Acura world as I used to be 100% anti-honda! I been doing my homework, and the car is safe with it's current setup for now. I come from tuning a 02 Z24 Cavalier that I supercharged, and I still own my 06 Cobalt SS Supercharged with the first lysholm twinscrew blower swap done.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nate2k5 on Sep/26/07 said:
this looks like the average turbo kit you see on civics and **** around here...there is even a d16 turbo hatch that can't even beat a modded gsr haha

not only is the manifold a ticking time bomb so are those sleeves and pistons without a good tune

Turst me when I say, that I don't fabricate and create crappy stuff. It may not have a ton of brand name high dollar parts on it, but I can assure you that it is indeed fast car. I know were not supposed to post war stories on here, but there are several highly modded cars in Charleston, SC that found out the hard way just how fast the "Crappy" looking Integra really is. I'm all business when comes to performance over show.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.