Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a 95 LS in good shape. I knew I wanted it when I bought it, just didn't bother taking the time to check everything out on it. I drove it and the clutch and brakes felt good, as did the acceleration and all.

I got home and changed the wires, dist cap and rotor button with items bought from NAPA as well as NGK plugs. After a while I noticed as the car warmed up I'd have a little miss at idle. It's idling around 800 RPMs warm. once it warms up I can feel the miss and hear it. When I accelerate it goes away and drives normally. Although I put a new dist. cap on, I'm not sure it was doing it before that. I put one of the little cheesy firing lights against all the plug wires. They all did the same thing and it didn't look to me like any one cylinder had the problem. I changed plugs, reseated the cap and wires. The miss is still there. It isn't a dead miss, by the way. I also put on the rotor button after I found out the engine was missing, so that's out. I changed the plugs again. They weren't wet, just too white to suit me. (Other thread on that pending)

I could get another cap if I had to. I don't see this one arcing but that may not mean anything.

What would I check/change out next?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Oil! oil filter, air filter!

You ll be surprise as to wat a single oil change can do to your car. My baby lives on oil changes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen cars act goofy when needing an oil change. I just put a new CAI on it so that isn't going to do much good, but yeah I know it's about time for an oil change. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've changed things, taken it to a few shops some friends have and asked for opinions and all. I'd bet my life it's either a intake gasket leak, exhaust valve burned or misadjusted, or a slim chance it's just dirty injectors. The miss clears up when I accelerate, throttle response is good and it gets good gas mileage too.

Let me know if you find anything out about yours.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok, first the white on the plugs means your running rich in that particular cylinder or whichever cylinders. I'm going to assume that this is only happening in one of the cylinders. This means that one the injector is throwing out to much fuel or two the fuel that is being thrown out is not being burnt effeciently. I could answer your question most likely but I need more information from you. one is this happening on all the plugs. Two did you check the firing order (did you put all the wires in the same order you took them out). Three did you gap the plugs or were they pre-gapped ( most platinum and oem plugs come pre-gapped so this should not be a problem) . Four did you check the resistance on the wires. I'm also assuming that the engine is in good mechanical order ( i.e. good compression and no vaccum leaks). Put anything you know up and I'll try and help. Most likely it's nothing major just something you over looked (firing order).

·
Registered
202 Posts
im haveing this exact same problam on my 97 gsr it runs fine perfectly just at idle it runs like **** and i can smell gas in the exhuast i replaced the plugs and gaped them i checked the plugs after driveing it a little bit cylnders 1 and 4 the plugs looked fine cylnders 2 and 3 where just as black as the plugs i took out i was reading a missfire code on the cel i did clean i iac i just got my oil changed and i just got a brand new dizzy asembaly if anyone knows what this could be please help

402-601-5176

·
Registered
84 Posts
I went through the pain of trying to figure out a slight idle miss about a year ago. Turned out all I had to do is adjust my damn valves.

·
Registered
339 Posts
ebolamonkey on Jul/26/08 said:
I haven't changed my oil in decades...

I am running nano-lube that doesn't need changing. hehe
que?
what is this...."nano lube" lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
Seems like it could be a lot of problems. I got a few problems that came into the dealership. on those engines the head is notorious for tight valves. Adjust the valves, and then check the spark plug gap.

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
I have this problem on my '96 right now. I even had P1300 - Random Misfire, P0302 and P0303 for cylinders 2 and 3.

I changed the plug wires, plugs, cap, and rotor and have not had a CEL since. But, I do occasionally feel the low idle miss.

I should also say that I have a definite exhaust leak somewhere as well as a coolant leak, as my overflow tank keeps going dry...

I'll try adjusting the valves and see what that does...

·
Registered
202 Posts
i had the same problam i just had my car looked at i have 0 psi on cylander 3 and 150 on cylander 2 its saposed to be 170 for a gsr they said internals are toast

·
Registered
85 Posts
double check the valve adjustment cold. if you have already replaced plugs wires cap and rotor then your fine. i have the same problem and i have an msd blaster coil and cap (to see if that helped at all and also so i wouldn't get stuck by the stock coil that always likes to take a crap without notice!) but i can tell you that when you see white ash it means that cylinder is running lean. when it's dark it's rich.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts