Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my brother's '96 GSR to the drag tonight and was able to consistently run 15.3s The best I managed was a 15.1. I lined up with a Type R twice and was able to beat it by about a car length or more each time.

The car was completely stock, except for upgraded shocks and springs (Koni Reds and Skunk2s). Last night was just a test in order to compare for later on when we swap the engine. Overall I'm pretty damn happy as the engine is stock and I was able to beat most most the Integras there. Mostly becaus I could drive better on the dragstrip as I do it more often.

My friend ran his '95 LS and was able to do consistent 15.5s. He's running I/H/C/E with the Tokico Illumina coilover kit.

Any questions or comments welcome.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
"'96 GSR w/ JDM B18C"

I guess that's the car you were racing with?

·
Registered
183 Posts
95 gsr, i ran a 14.633 in the 1/4 with intake headers exhaust and a skunk2 intake manifold and ACT clutch, stock pulled a 10.0 in the 1/8 never ran the 1/4

·
Registered
120 Posts
SOund like some decent times...the dude in the type-r must not have known how to drive though because i usually see them run consistant 14.5-14.7's...

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
Elevations....weather conditions...please take these into account when you see these "consistent 14.5-14.7's"

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JustinKlemgold on Apr/22/04 said:
"'96 GSR w/ JDM B18C"

I guess that's the car you were racing with?
Sorry, I made my sig a couple days ago when the swap was supposed to be done, but never was, so we are still running with the stock US motor. The JDM B18C motor is the Type R motor and should be in this week... hopefully!

And the Type R... it was his first time at the track and he was running 16.6, 15.8, and then a 15.6 against me. I asked to drive it, but he kindly said no, haha.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Donnie4p on Apr/22/04 said:
And the Type R... it was his first time at the track and he was running 16.6, 15.8, and then a 15.6 against me. I asked to drive it, but he kindly said no, haha.
Wow, he needs some practice. Then again I shouldnt talk, Id probably be doing 16s in a R as well, I suck.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
adamones on Apr/23/04 said:
Wow, he needs some practice. Then again I shouldnt talk, Id probably be doing 16s in a R as well, I suck.
Yeah, it was his first time ever dragging. I understand how that goes. I've been driving my car and others at the dragstrip for about 2 years now so the practice does pay off. Everytime I go back, I learn something new or try something new out to better my driving and times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts