Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is someone not to far from me selling a Black 95 GSR with 93k miles that is lowered and has a full audio system and grey leather and I/H/E

It was in a accident details of the accident: it was hit on the passenger side, rear quarter and the very tip of the door. Then it was sold at a salvage auction.
The entire door and rear quarter panel/bumper were all replaced.

He is asking $5000

any opinions?
Thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
i found out my car was a salvage title in 1997 and it is a 1994. I bought it with 80,000 miles, it now has 115,000 and i have not had one problem (knock on wood).

·
Registered
93 Posts
nah 5k with rebuilt title? Its up to you man, think about pretty much the value in that car is gone, So if you are considering keeping that car for a very long time then yes. Buy it. But you can knock him down lower then that.

·
Registered
346 Posts
the price isn't bad but it seems a little high for a salvage title (that's just my opinion...)
I'd go for it if I knew the car was a-ok

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
meconfu5ed on Mar/05/04 said:
overpriced considering the title.
Like everyone else said, if you plan to keep the car for a long time then go for it. Otherwise you'll have a hard time ever reselling it again. Get it checked out to see if everything is mechanically sound.

·
Registered
537 Posts
IT is all up to you, IF YOU REALLY WANT IT, $5000 is nothing to pay.

i will over pay for something i REALLY WANT.

I payed $4000 for my 96 integra LS, MINT condition, RED (colour i really wanted), and it has a rebuilt title.
I turned down a few others, with higher prices ($5000-$8000)BUT non of them were red.

and i dont have any regrets at ALL!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
no price is firm. let them know you know that salvage titles value drops a ToN and they should sell it to you for less. then go for it

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think a good rule of thumb is that a salvage/rebuilt titled car is worth HALF of what a clean titled car would be. some salvaged cars are perfectly fine, some aren't. and some lenders won't finance a car with a salvage title, period.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think you should get this...

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2004-03-05, 11:24AM PST

This is for a Championship White 1998 Acura Integra Type R w/ 64k miles. Motor has been well maintained (new timing belt) and pulls strong. Body is in excellent condition and paint shines bright. A must see.
$12,500

·
Registered
739 Posts
is it illegal for the seller not to tell you that it is a salvage title, when i bought my car the salesman said it was bumped in the rear quarter panel but never said it was a salvage title

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
white4drTeg on Mar/05/04 said:
is it illegal for the seller not to tell you that it is a salvage title, when i bought my car the salesman said it was bumped in the rear quarter panel but never said it was a salvage title
perhaps the title is not salvaged? Being in an accident does not always mean a salvage title.

·
Registered
305 Posts
white4drTeg on Mar/05/04 said:
a salvage title means it is salvagable and needs to go to dmv for inspection. once it is inspected them it becomes a rebuilt title. it is printed on the title so there is no guess at all. But a salvage title can not be driven on the road untill it gets the name rebuilt on it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Mine is a salvage and I have had no problems with it. I say go for it but try to bring the price down a bit more because that's what I did. The guy wanted 7500 and I ended up getting it for 6000 which at the time had 72K miles on it.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I just bought my 94 GS-R with 177,000 for $3900 with a clean title. I figured a b18c swap costs $3500-$4200, and I got a whole car for that price. Low ball him to $3800 and compromise a middle ground from there. Just IMO.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Bring the car to a bodyshop and have them inspect it. Make sure the car is aligned properly. Then bring it to your Acura dealer and have them do a compression and leakdown test. If it will pass inspection tell him you will give him $4,000 or see ya.

Thats if you really want the car. If your willing to wait and shop around then do that instead.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts