Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a hold of a 95 gsr gauge cluster and i decided to put it in my 98 gsr today just to see if it works. When i plugged it in and went around the block, the tach, temp gauge, and mph gauge worked fine, but the fuel level gauge went completely past "E" and i know i have atleast a half a tank full in there, also the abs light is on until i put my seatbelt on(kinda funny), and my seatbelt goes on at start up like the abs light, so they are switched up. the lights are something i could live with, but not the fuel gauge. Here is the wierd thing though, i have an aftermarket tachometer. it works every once in a while, as well as my stock tachometer, they both pretty much work when they want to. but when i put the 95 gauge cluster in there today, the aftermarket tachometer worked fine!! to make sure it wasnt coinsidence, i plugged the other gauge cluster in and it didnt work, plugged the 95 cluster in, and it worked flawlessly again! anyone have any clue how the gauge cluster is affecting the aftermarket tach? the aftermarket tach is tied into the tach wire in the engine bay, i dont see how it could have anything to do with the cluster. thanks.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Could be, they may have switched the wires in the plugs (common practice among auto makers) just to mess with your head. The fuel sensor may be different as well causing the funky readings on the gauge. I dont see how the different gauges would mess with the aftermarket tach though. Very odd indeed. Anyone out there have the pinouts for those plugs in the years listed?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand that the different ecu's could be the cause of that, actually i think the problem with the different gauge clusters had to do with them changing the cluster arrangement in 98. but thats not what i was concerned with. i dont understand how the gauge cluster could interfere with the aftermarket tach. pretty wierd. whatever, i think im just gonna buy the 98-01 jdm ITR gauge cluster, its pretty nice, and only 125 on ebay!!
that should end all my problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts