Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently my car has had the infamous leak where the passenger floorboard and ecu area gets soaked. After replacing all of the weatherstrip on the cowl and getting brand new grommets and drain plugs from the car, I've found the in the very upper corner above the blower motor box where the body curves for the fender the stuff they use for the seams just eventually gave out and started leaking water. I do not plan on getting rid of the car anytime soon, so I've gone through a whole can of Flex Seal spray and that absolutely has done the trick. Just have to apply a couple more coats and all is new and you could never tell. My issue is now that water is getting through a big hole where the ECU harness from on the inside frame of the car. I am not sure if there is supposed to be a grommet there or what but if it's possible can someone help me find the part number or a fix to fix the hole.

·
Administrator
3,582 Posts
Have you cleared your sunroof drain lines? Additionally, the A/C drain hose also gets clogged (if you still utilize your A/C of course).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RS model's do not have sunroof's which i assume, in-turn means we do not have any sunroof drain lines and Currently i do not use my ac because my compressor is broken. The leak only happens when it rains.

·
Administrator
3,582 Posts
Got it. You hadn't mentioned that you had an RS in your original post, hence my suggestion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that. I don;t know if grommets are supposed to go around the hole where the ECU harness is, but water slowly drips under the carpet but that slow drips easily makes my carpet soaked after a good rain

·
Administrator
3,582 Posts
Possibly? It's really hard to tell within the Acura Parts diagram for grommets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate it a lot! Yeah Acura's part picture's for grommets are not the best at all i'm assuming it has to be either 16 or 27 if there even exist a grommet for this hole :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
androsk
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing