Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question for all you motor heads...is 113000 miles alot on an engine...I was thinking of looking at this gsr...am I asking for trouble or should I just go with an ls/gs/rs/se with ~80000 miles on it?

·
Registered
779 Posts
i have a 94 gsr with 120k on it and its running strong as hell...i get that rattle at 3200rpm but nothing headers wont fix

·
Registered
865 Posts
I bought my 95 GSR with 115,000 on it and I have 185,000 on it now. Besides regular oil changes, spark plugs, etc. I just did the timing belt and water pump which should be done every 90,000 miles, so check and see if that was done. Besides that the tranny grinds a little when you shift into 2nd and 3rd at high rpms. It didn't start doing that till 150 or 160 thousand miles and is probably a result of my driving style. How much were they asking for this GSR?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha...I was planning on looking at an ls/gs/rs/se with around 125,000km(78,000miles)...I have a header, intake, type-r manifold, extra head I was going to do up with a cam and full exhaust...
for the same price there is 2 94gsr's for 9000$canadian...with 181,000(113,000miles) and 200,000km(125,000miles) on them...I would start with a faster car...I would get them if everything else on them was good...I am going to go all motor at the most...no FI
There is the whole story...both cars are stock and I have yet to look at them...some of my friends have said too many km...my other buddy(a mechanic) says if everything is solid on them then they should last quite a while longer...
I will still get H/I/E/C and cams if I do get a gsr!

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
573 Posts
that many miles on anything honda/acura is nothing if it has been properly maintained.... id say go for the GS-R
good luck

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Man, I hear this 120K is nothing and I'm sweating it out because my GSR is going to go to 41K next time I get in it....I'm so used to domestics...oy....

·
Registered
129 Posts
you shouldnt pay much --- i payed 2800 for a 94 ls with 17s that needed a clutch cv boots and tyre rod end

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will have to take a look at those 2 gsr's. one is black and the other white...both stock. That is a good sign I think...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but should I be more interested in a car with less miles on it? Or say screw it and go for the gsr because that many miles has a limited effect on the engine

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
My freind 91 accord has 350k and its still running strong and he still drives it to Cali from Washington Dc area. He told me as long you do the timming belt, oil, trans fluid, coolant, etc.. on time, and dont rag on your car or beat on it, your car will run strong and last long.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Aug/26/02 said:
Man, I hear this 120K is nothing and I'm sweating it out because my GSR is going to go to 41K next time I get in it....I'm so used to domestics...oy....
I know how you feel my 88 mustang cobra was having problem at 90k I have to replace the motor at 120k.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
ChaseKB on Aug/27/02 said:
My LS is about to hit 100k, and it still runs beautifully. The idle is perfect, it's great.
I can vouch for this car. I drove it, and it idles just as nicely as my gsr. (41K)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was just talking to a few teg owner's and they all said that if I can go for the gsr...even if it has high ass km...I can always rebuild the engine later on and I would still start off with a faster car...sell my header, cai, ls head and itr manifold...it would all be worth it!
I don't want to wait for a car but the auto trader's new adds come out on thursday...and I am going to look at a few cars on wed...it almost seems like a no brainer...gsr...I don't want to FI my car by the way...

At least I still have my auto teg...looks sweet too, especially with the new owner...my girlfriend! lowered with 17's...she got a sweet deal...94ls 140,000km for $6000canadian...you know I have to love her to give her my car!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts