Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. Starting this thread to create a log of my '94 GSR and share pics with others. I've owned the car for five months now and plan to own it for a very long time. The car has 110K on it and seems to be in pretty good condition. I enjoy working on cars and I want the car to be as reliable as possible. I prefer to use Honda OEM parts but will be upgrading this car here and there. So, I've done a considerable amount of maintenance to the car including (using all oem Honda parts):
-New fuel filter
- flushed power steering fluid
- changed manual transmission fluid
- changed oil and filter with Mobil 1
- new pcv valve
- new clutch slave and master cylinder
- bleed brake and clutch fluid
- all new exhaust rubber hangers (exhaust rattles. for now)
- new VTEC solenoid gaskets
- new cam seal
- new valve cover gasket set
- all new bolts for the valve cover

- repainted valve cover
- repainted exhaust manifold heat shield w/ high temp paint

I'm sure there is more but that's all I can think of at this point. I'm very much so into car detailing as well... Just compounded and then polished the whole car and put a coat of sealant on it. Here is a engine pic I took today. :vtec228:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. Forgot to mention the previous owner installed a yonaka catback exhaust. Other than that the car is stock. Near future plans include installing a skunk2 short shifter and skunk2 weighted shift knob along with hardrace shifter linkage bushings. The front bumper has a deep scuff (previous owner did it) on the drivers side so I'm really wanting to repair that and repaint the front bumper. The hood also has some etching from bird droppings that were not cleaned off and went through the clear coat. All that being said the front bumper and hood will hopefully be repainted soon.

Future projects for the car when I get some time:
- install skunk2 short shifter/ skunk2 weighted shift knob/ hardrace shifter linkage bushings
- replace the rear trailing arm bushings with oem Honda bushings
- new tires (Dunlop Direzza z2 star spec 195/55/15)
- get an alignment
- replace the clutch
- sand/primer/paint front bumper and hood

Anyways, took some quick pics today...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced the o-ring under #3 cam cap that controls where oil is distributed in the head as well as oil pressure. Also, changed the o-rings on the oil orifice shafts in the head. VTEC hits hard now, yo. In the pics above you can see my brand new OEM Honda splash guards that I installed after I compounded/polished the car.

Yesterday I jacked up the car and put it in jack stands to crawl under the car while it was running to hopefully find my exhaust leak and possibly fix my exhaust rattle as well. Couldn't get the exhaust hanger to bend. There is a crack where the Yonaka exhaust was welded on causing a nasty exhaust leak. With that being said it looks like I need to make a trip to the local exhaust shop to get both of those things fixed. Maybe one of these days I will get my Skunk2 short shifter and Skunk2 weighted shift knob along with the Hardrace shifter bushings installed...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Future goals include changing out the clutch (car has original clutch in it), replacing the rear trailing arm bushings with new oem ones, and eventually redoing the whole suspension - upper and lower control arms, new springs and shocks/struts. That's about it for now...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep it simple. I'd recommend going with an energy trailing arm bushing, that way you never have to mess with it again! Do you daily drive the car?
I've already bought some OEM Honda rear trailing arm bushings, just need to install them. I do daily the car, at first it was a second car but I sold my newer car and kept this because I don't want a car payment right now. It will be my daily probably for at least the next two years.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yonaka muffler is defective

So my Yonaka exhaust has a rattle INSIDE the muffler, one of the baffles came loose. I like the way Yonaka exhaust sounds so I ordered a new muffler/axle-back from them. The story is inside the video description of this video I made here:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I installed my "new"Yonaka Motorsports axle-back/muffler today. The rattle is now gone, it was the muffler!! The new muffler Yonaka sent me ($180) has a small dent on the top of the exhaust tip and also some scratching on the front face of the muffler and some on the tip as well. I'm really not impressed with the quality or quality assurance done by Yonaka Motorsports. This is pretty much BS on their part, so here's your warning about Yonaka Motorsport's....

Anyways, I do like the sound of the Yonaka cat-back so I made a short clip of the first start up with the new axle-back. No more rattle at 1700-2000 RPM's!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts