Team Integra Forums banner

3741 - 3756 of 3756 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
Dave,

Another question springs to mind... as the car was leveled using shims, would you say the front horns you welded into the back of the GSR were higher, lower, or the same height as they were in the original FWD configuration? Basically, I'm wondering if you decided to raise or lower the stock, static suspension geometry for any reason (unless that reason will reveal itself to me beyond chapter 4 of race car vehicle dynamics...).

No rush and I'm curious to hear your thoughts when you have a moment. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just spent 5 hours reading this thread. The execution on this build was amazing. Thank you for documenting this for us to read. Truly amazing work. Hope the new owner keeps ti updated

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
So... it appears Miller has a promotion going on that ends in March. I am hoping to take advantage of this, but am wondering what size wire you used, for the most part...

I can add free accessories to my order, but am not sure just yet which ones make sense. My options are .023", .030", or .035" for free contact tips and consumables, but I can only choose one size for free.

What would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,746
So... it appears Miller has a promotion going on that ends in March. I am hoping to take advantage of this, but am wondering what size wire you used, for the most part...

I can add free accessories to my order, but am not sure just yet which ones make sense. My options are .023", .030", or .035" for free contact tips and consumables, but I can only choose one size for free.

What would you recommend?
I use .023", which works fine, especially for thin sheet metal.

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
So I finally had some time to practice cutting on the old LS track car chassis. I'm wondering if you carried the subframe from the donor chassis over to the GSR's rear (the piece that the front compliance bushings would normally bolt into...)

I ask this because I can't seem to think of a good way to carry that portion over to the other car. Did you end up creating your own attachment points for the compliance bushings or are did you not include them?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,749
So I finally had some time to practice cutting on the old LS track car chassis. I'm wondering if you carried the subframe from the donor chassis over to the GSR's rear (the piece that the front compliance bushings would normally bolt into...)

I ask this because I can't seem to think of a good way to carry that portion over to the other car. Did you end up creating your own attachment points for the compliance bushings or are did you not include them?
Have a look in the very first post at pictures P1 & P2 which show the front chassis "horns", held together by the bolt on cross members, after cutting them from the Prelude chassis. This forms the "subframe" that was then welded into the Integra.

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
Ah, yes i see now.

Judging by the looks of the cuts, it looks as though both subframe sections are forward of the firewall. Is this correct?

This makes the dream for the integra front horns slightly more difficult as the subframe bolts in behind the firewall.

Then the question becomes: Do you start with taking a chunk of the firewall as well as the front horns all in one piece?

·
Administrator
43,010 Posts
What ever happen to the integra Dave?
Just go back a few pages (clef notes version: he sold it, it got sold again and it's whereabouts are now unknown)

3741 - 3756 of 3756 Posts
About this Discussion
3.8K Replies
982 Participants
MorningZ
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing